Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Crackdown 2 » Crackdown demo & first impressions » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 18, 10 at 10:21amCurt Connors

quote LIVE
The Crackdown 2 Agency Dispatch Twitter feed is giving away free early access demo codes! To be in with a chance to win, @reply on Twitter (http://twitter.com/) to the CD2Dispatch_UK Twitter account with a reason why you should be accepted for Agency Training by gaining early access to the Crackdown 2 demo. Your message must also include the tag #CD2demo. Winners will be picked at random.

Terms and Conditions

1. This prize draw is open to residents of the United Kingdom except employees of Microsoft Corporation and its affiliates, contractors, agents and their families, and anyone else directly or indirectly connected with this prize draw. Entrants must be over 18 years of age at the time of entry and Microsoft reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and check their identity.

2. Participants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and to agree to be bound by them when entering this prize draw.

3. This prize draw starts at 09:00 BST on 18th June 2010 and will run until 12:00 BST on 19th June 2010 (the “Prize Draw Period”).

4. No purchase is necessary to participate. In order to enter the prize draw, participants must @reply on Twitter (http://twitter.com/) to the CD2Dispatch_UK Twitter account with a reason why they should be accepted for Agency Training by gaining early access to the Crackdown 2 demo. Messages must also include the tag ‘#CD2demo.’

5. Entries can only be made on Twitter (using the tag #CD2demo), and you must allow direct messages to be sent to you by CD2Dispatch_UK in order for Microsoft to notify you if you have won. Nothing in these terms prevents you from subsequently blocking CD2Dispatch_UK from sending you direct messages. Personal data which you provide when you enter the prize draw may be used for future Microsoft marketing activity and by entering the prize draw you consent to this.

6. By submitting your entry you agree that Microsoft may publish, display or use your entry in any medium it sees fit, including publication on www.xbox.com and Xbox LIVE.

7. 200 winners will be selected at random to win the prize. The prize is an early access demo token for Crackdown 2. Demos will be made generally available to all Gold Xbox Live Members on Monday 21 June 2010 and to Silver Xbox Live Members on Monday 28 June 2010.

8. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered and Microsoft reserves the right to vary or amend the prize for a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. The prize is as stated and is non-transferable.

9. The winning entrants will be selected at random. Microsoft's decision as to prize winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Mine's in

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 12, 10 at 3:28am
Roy

Yes, and you must have at least one other person next to you when you pick it up (If there's more than 1 other person, you still just need one, not all next to you).

I traveled for hours in Green Bay and Hope Springs, and still nothing and I know Green Bay is the two islands on the left and Hope Springs is the huge one on the bottom right.

Aug 12, 10 at 1:37am
ChiroVette

What are LIVE orbs? I am going to take a guess and assume that you have to be on LIVE ad in Co Op and have a GOLD membership to get them, right?

Aug 11, 10 at 12:58pm
Shadow of Death

quote Titan
The thing is that I am missing 2 orbs in Crackdown 2 and I know you can use the Orb Ping, but does Agility Orbs show up on it, because hidden orbs, and live orbs do?
Uhhh yeah, they do. Hiddens are Blue, LIVE orbs are Grey (at least, when offline they are), and Agilities are, of course, green.

I think they're green, anyway, I haven't played in a while XD

Aug 11, 10 at 4:08am
Roy

The thing is that I am missing 2 orbs in Crackdown 2 and I know you can use the Orb Ping, but does Agility Orbs show up on it, because hidden orbs, and live orbs do?

Aug 11, 10 at 3:52am
ChiroVette

I didn't like Crackdown when I first started playing it, but I eventually warmed to it. I still think it is an inexcusably flawed game, to be honest, but it is a lot of fun, partiucularly now that my character is completely levelled up. I actually have collected all 600 Agility Orbs and all 200 Hidden Orbs. The vertical movement and exploration alone in Crackdown makes up for a lot of issues I have with the game.

Aug 11, 10 at 3:42am
Roy

Good thing Chiro, because I am going to try to rent that game if I can return either Mass Effect or Mass Effect 2.

Aug 11, 10 at 3:41am
ChiroVette

I am still playing the original Crackdown. lol I am a latecomer to the party, but everything I read in most of the reviews says that this game is too much like the original to warrant sequel or "new game" status. What are your thoughts on that, guys?

Oh, and I have some questions about the original Crackdown if some of you could see fit to answer them in the Crackdown forum.

Jul 05, 10 at 12:49am
intoxication

quote Curt Connors
By playing the demo like twenty times, the achievements stay unlocked after every playthrough like normal ones.
Anyone tried out the harder difficulties yet?
Oh and I am genuinely not understanding the 'meh' feeling, sure the graphics are a little more simplistic to compensate for hundreds of freaks on screen, but it just doesn't bother me. Just about everything else is on a par or improved from the original, freak lair invasions are spectacular, orb hunting is better and just as addictive, and the supply point mechanic has been much improved. Demo feels meh because it's a demo and has strict limits imo.
Oh right. Dont know why I thought you got them all in one sitting..

I cant speak for every one but to me, it's meh because the look of it and feel of it, but most just the look of it and to make it worth, it's the same city.

Maybe, I just need to play it a abit more, it might grow on me then..

Jul 02, 10 at 1:11pm
Curt Connors

They're pre unlocks of actual existing achievements

quote tallteen86
You do realize that, by playing about 20 times, you've actually already played this game for like 10 friggen hours?

I get enthusiastic over super-powered massacres, ok?

Jul 02, 10 at 12:55pm
Shadow of Death

You do realize that, by playing about 20 times, you've actually already played this game for like 10 friggen hours?

Are the achievements in the demo in addition to the full game's achievements? Or are they actually just like "pre-unlocks"?