Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » World of Warcraft » US Servers in UK » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 16, 10 at 7:39pmNoVa Apache

Ok so basically my US friends have convinced me to give WoW a go, and I will. The only problem being is I can't play with them on EU servers because I am British and they are American. I was just wondering if this would work; If I bought WoW and all of the expansions and my American friend make an account, I would then give him all the auth codes from the disks and he would add game time to the account. I would then run WoW that I've installed and use the account he's generated for me. After doing this would I be able to play WoW on American servers or is this completely impossible?

Thanks (:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 18, 10 at 4:54am
Saevus

quote Angyles Cerddoriaeth
I have actually tried to figure out the reason before and I believe I read it on the forums that they keep them separate because of cultural differences. Makes sense I guess, I just do not agree with it.
totally, because i never join a random dungeon with people speaking nothing but spanish.

Jun 17, 10 at 11:26pm
Dan3rz

There was a way, but it screwed the game files over... However if your US friends bought you the game, then you could play without problem.

Jun 17, 10 at 1:06am
NoVa Apache

quote Angyles Cerddoriaeth
I have actually tried to figure out the reason before and I believe I read it on the forums that they keep them separate because of cultural differences. Makes sense I guess, I just do not agree with it.
Shouldn't that mean they should try and mix the cultures more to try and get them to respond better to each other, instead of doing what they are now and separating them, thus making more of an issue and gap between different culture groups? Ah well, not alot we can do.

Jun 17, 10 at 12:51am
Angyles Cerddoriaeth

quote Saevus
i find it odd they won't let you connect to whichever server you please.

i suppose it's to help prevent the unwitting euro from accidentally joining a latin america server.

Jun 16, 10 at 9:46pm
Saevus

i find it odd they won't let you connect to whichever server you please.

i suppose it's to help prevent the unwitting euro from accidentally joining a latin america server.

Jun 16, 10 at 8:09pm
Angyles Cerddoriaeth

The only way I know how to is to buy the US version of the game. SonicX1 did that and he is in the UK, payment for the game is done via my PayPal, but he sends me the cash.

I do remember someone was able to make the game bring up the US server list, but I never understood how they got the game to recognize them.

Jun 16, 10 at 7:58pm
harbin

I believe their is a way that you can tell the client to connect to the US servers, but I'm not sure how.

Jun 16, 10 at 7:39pm
NoVa Apache

Ok so basically my US friends have convinced me to give WoW a go, and I will. The only problem being is I can't play with them on EU servers because I am British and they are American. I was just wondering if this would work; If I bought WoW and all of the expansions and my American friend make an account, I would then give him all the auth codes from the disks and he would add game time to the account. I would then run WoW that I've installed and use the account he's generated for me. After doing this would I be able to play WoW on American servers or is this completely impossible?

Thanks (: