Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker » Peace Walker Ending: Surprises All Around [Major Spoilers] » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Big Boss Cardboard Box A Cyborg Ninja Fox Hound Otacon Peace Walker Psycho Mantis Raiden 2 Raiden Big Boss 2 Solid Snake Solid Snake 2 Solid Snake 3 Solid Snake 4 Teliko The Sorrow

hideOriginal Post

Jun 11, 10 at 12:20pmMachienzo

For those who have completed the game, let us rejoice and bask in the knowledge of Peace Walker's conclusion of Chapter 4. What were your reactions to it? In all honesty, I couldn't expect anything less from Hideo. Once again, he really knows how to capture the soul of Metal Gear, morals of peace and the ideals of The Boss.

And who else was shocked to suddenly see that the game doesn't end just there, but continues onto another chapter!?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 16, 12 at 12:43am
Grimdark

Gentlemen, if you remember way back, Liquid reveals himself to have been Master Miller the entire time. Campbell also tells you that Miller was found dead several days before the events of Snake's insertion.

Feb 15, 12 at 8:16pm
james g

quote Hitsu123
I haven't played any of the other MGS games so I don't know if it has been revealed already, but maybe it was Snake who assassinated Miller? Or did it say that Snake had already died before Miller did?
i dont think it was snake i think it was liquid snake from metal gear solid twin snakes

Dec 29, 11 at 7:33am
olly12334455543333

soz aboot that some mgs newb just pissed me off

Dec 29, 11 at 7:28am
olly12334455543333

uh dipshit liquid kills miller in mgs1 thats the twist

Dec 29, 11 at 7:11am
olly12334455543333

uh dipshit liquid kills miller in mgs1 thats the twist

Oct 31, 10 at 5:00pm
Dantess26

I just finally finished the second ending of Peace Walker (i initially got bored of extra-ops and Zadornov rescues) and i have mixed feeling about this saga of MGS. Don't get me wrong- What a game!

I felt that PW was a little too distant from MGS3's plot from the start- where is ocelot? Eva appears in a tape-recording. Who are Paz, Amanda and Huey (or more accurately- where are they in the rest of the MGS series?). I really felt as though PW's story was a little distant, throwing in all these characters and leaving out Null, Ocelot, the whole plot of Big Boss' cloning, the split of Fox (Snake, Zero, Sigint, Paramedic etc). But as a standalone story PW is a masterpiece.

I think it was a little cheesy with Paz going all psycho villain at the end (reminiscent of Elisa possessing RAXA in PO but a bit out of character for my taste!), although the ZEKE battle was epic as was the PW battle before it. Can anyone tell me what's up with Paz falling off and dying? ... many people were under the impression that Paz was Sniper Wolf in her youth... that idea has now gone out the window!

I think a Peace Walker sequel is in order- i feel a tiny, weeny bit robbed that Ocelot and the other characters aforementioned (Grey Fox and Sniper Wolf's introduction to Outer Heaven) are missing. Personally i would like to see a Big Boss/OuterHeaven VS Zero/Cither! Bring on MGS3.5!

I would also settle for 3D, HD remakes of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2!

Oct 20, 10 at 6:34pm
Mamba

quote Machienzo
I'm starting to feel that perhaps Big Boss's chapter and transformation would be rather drawn out if they choose to create a sequel for Peace Walker.

I don't think there will be a sequel to peace walker (But hopefully there will be an add-on!) as I think the wiretapped phone call sets things up nicely for the outer heaven uprising and the events of the original Metal gear.

Instead of giving us a new chapter in big boss' story I'd prefer to see next-gen remakes of Metal gear & Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.

Oct 19, 10 at 4:22am
Machienzo

I'm starting to feel that perhaps Big Boss's chapter and transformation would be rather drawn out if they choose to create a sequel for Peace Walker.

Oct 18, 10 at 12:48am
BBmG

Just beat the game! Guh, best hours of my life since Snake Eater.

quote King of Ice
Oh well,all the more reasons for Kojima to make a sequel to Peace Walker
As tempting as a Peace Walker sequel is (the more Big Boss/Naked Snake I can get, the better, so do not think for a moment that I would not support another game dedicated to his story), I think I'd rather see Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake remade first. After all, these games were the base of Metal Gear as we know it - but their poor game play, horrible translation, and inaccessibility means there's lots of people who've not bothered with them. And really, you cannot appreciate the newer games unless you at least have some insight to what went on in the first two. I don't really see the series being complete until these games (for the sake of their stories) get an update. It'd be like Snake Eater all over again, you start with this young, idealistic solider, and even though you know what lies at the end of the trail for him, you're still helpless to play and invest yourself in the character.

And for the record, let it be known that I was not at all surprised by Paz being a spy or Miller kinda double-crossing. After all, they're both pretty blonds, and I learned my lesson about Kojima and pretty blonds after MGS3. xD I was, however, hurt by Miller's betrayal. Ouch, man. Ouch. You could have said something!

Jul 25, 10 at 11:55am
King of Ice

Yeah,I guess Peace Walker didn't supply us with enough info
Oh well,all the more reasons for Kojima to make a sequel to Peace Walker