Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Jun 02, 10 at 2:27amShadow6000

So I beat Alan Wake and I loved it. Very good story line, weapons (and system) make me extremely nostalgic of the first Max Payne game. Breathtaking views/graphics/locale, etc. Engaging, exciting.

One aspect though that could have improved: the Driving. The steering on the cars is very sensitive and cars can spin out easily. Other than that, the game was beautiful and amazing. I give it an A with the likes of Max Payne, Dead Space, and dare I say Resident Evil 5.

Your thoughts?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 23, 11 at 3:19pm
romanski

I liked the dark feel and setting of this game. The graphics are very nice. I beat it in 7 or 8 hours on the easiest setting. I hope that next alan wake game (if they release one more) will be a more open world.

May 30, 11 at 12:41pm
Ragic

Beat it on hard mode, very fun. I liked that it was a quick adventure game, don't need to spend 40+ hours on every game.
Very detailed storyline, but i have to agree with another poster about how boring it is to walk behind some of those characters as you're going to the next step.
Loved the manuscripts, going through on nightmare mode to get the rest to find out more of the story. I need the achievements, otherwise I'd get bored and just find them online... Not like the good ol' days!

Mar 28, 11 at 5:30pm
zXsharinganXz

1 sentece.......

Alan Wake open world game.

Mar 18, 11 at 12:19am
Wy Li E3

quote Daweii
quote Wy Li E3
Hence its repetitiveness.
Would have also helped itself out if 90% of the game didn't take place in a dark forest. I mean it was tense for the first 10 minutes until I realised the forest was going to be my home for the remainder of the game, very very repetitive location.
I agree. They could have expanded it when you arrived at the port. It looked like a good setting. Even something like gathering information from the locals, browsing shops, roaming the village, ANYTHING. Sadly it just remained a "Go here to continue the story" mission.

It was such a let down. So much potential.

Mar 17, 11 at 7:32pm
Daweii

quote Wy Li E3
Hence its repetitiveness.
Would have also helped itself out if 90% of the game didn't take place in a dark forest. I mean it was tense for the first 10 minutes until I realised the forest was going to be my home for the remainder of the game, very very repetitive location.

Mar 10, 11 at 7:51pm
Wy Li E3

quote zXsharinganXz
quote Wy Li E3
It was shit. Shoulda been a TV show, woulda been so much better.
It is kinda like someone is telling a story and you are in it..... So it is kinda a TV show too I guess....
By this I meant I'd rather be watching it develop as a tv series, without me having to run through the same forest every level, doing the same thing. A story like that needs depth, unfortunately the gameplay they provided didn't cover it. Hence its repetitiveness.

Mar 10, 11 at 7:51pm
Daweii

It wasn't that great. I tried to enjoy it and I just couldn't which is a shame as I was one of the people that back in 2005 was supporting this project.

Mar 10, 11 at 4:39pm
zXsharinganXz

quote Wy Li E3
It was shit. Shoulda been a TV show, woulda been so much better.
It is kinda like someone is telling a story and you are in it..... So it is kinda a TV show too I guess....

Oct 13, 10 at 5:02pm
Centurion

What I loved most about this game was its scenery. I often stopped up while playing to just take in the view - even in the darkness it shines - beautiful. I couldn't help to think of Twin Peaks when going through this.

Jun 19, 10 at 11:49pm
Illuminati4Hire

It was absolutely fantastic.

Alan Wake has a story that is rich and full of ambiguity, which I appreciate. I love a thinking man's story; one that doesn't just reveal itself and makes you think. Alan Wake does this and it's full of memorable characters. It's a journey that felt like it was crafted with so much heart and soul.

Alan Wake is truly a one of a kind experience and one of my favorite games ever. I don't say this much, but this game truly raised my expectations of what I expect out of a game this generation.