Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Multi-monitor - preview of monitor 2 from monitor 1? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 30, 10 at 6:50pmNorthern49

I have a monitor in 1 room, and another monitor in another room. When I want to watch a movie in another room, I just enable the other monitor, and move the movie's window to the other screen. But once it's on the other side, I have no idea what is going on. I'm completely blind. I'd have to go into the other room to see what's up.

Is this possible?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 10, 12 at 6:27am
bstyron

Any software for a mac that does the same thing?

Jun 01, 10 at 6:20am
Mijalko

Tnx.

I am preparing new, improved, version of this software and all current customer will get new version free.

Mijalko

May 31, 10 at 9:27pm
Northern49

Thanks a lot! I'll probably buy your program.

May 31, 10 at 4:45pm
Mijalko

Checkout http://www.mijalko.com/monitorspreview

You have free version of this software

May 31, 10 at 5:45am
hiigaran

aha. well then if you go to the settings tab in the display options (XP?), you should just arrange the monitors so they are exactly next to eachother, then when you drag across, do it normally, but after letting go of the mouse button, double click again. youll end up maximising the screen because you double clicked on the windows title bar thingy. im not really sure if it is possible to do anything else im afraid.

May 31, 10 at 12:27am
Northern49

Yes. But I'm not trying to duplicate the monitor. There's an option for that in the control panel, but that causes the resolution on both screens to be equal, while one is 4:3 and the other is 16:9.

May 30, 10 at 7:14pm
hiigaran

umm, i think what you are trying to do is screen cloning. you want to see exactly the same thing on one screen, as you do on the other (without dragging things across). i know how to do this in the nvidia control panel, but not ati, so...do you have nvidia?

May 30, 10 at 6:50pm
Northern49

I have a monitor in 1 room, and another monitor in another room. When I want to watch a movie in another room, I just enable the other monitor, and move the movie's window to the other screen. But once it's on the other side, I have no idea what is going on. I'm completely blind. I'd have to go into the other room to see what's up.

Is this possible?