Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon HeartGold Version » Best rock pokemon? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Hey! Want advice/feedback on your Pokemon team? All "rate my team" threads belong in the Strategy forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

May 28, 10 at 5:13amThe Legend 207

I'm looking to make a full pary of rock pokemon. I know kabutops will be in it. Any suggestions for the rest? And please say why you think the pokemon you suggest is good. This will be for competitive playing so I need the best of the best

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 16, 12 at 5:24pm
patientzero

Tyranitar - rock/dark ( is a must on any team in my humble opinion )

Golam - rock/ground

Aerodactyl - rock/flying

Kabutops - rock/water

Magcargo - fire/rock

I picked those for their dual types, they may not be the best choices but it's only a suggestion if you were looking for the all rock pokemon

icecillu5445 - sure, onix may be good on a all rock pokemon team, but when you evolve him notice his type changes and is no longer rock, so if you were sticking to the basis of an all rock pokemon team then Steelix Steel/Ground - Couldn't be on it! and besides Golem in my opinion is a better rock type than Onix!

Apr 03, 12 at 6:09pm
icecillu5445

onix is a good one he is strong n wen u evolve him he whoops a**

May 28, 10 at 8:01pm
Applepious

Arceus with Rock Plate

in all seriousness, Shuckle in a sandstorm is beast

May 28, 10 at 6:24pm
Shadow of Death

Yeah, Geodude/Golem is full of win, particularly early on.

I suggest you make sure he keeps magnitude, and Earthquake as well.

Magnitude is great, if somewhat unreliable. Anything over a 6 is generally pretty good though, and it rarely drops below that (I've never seen a 1 or a 2 before, for example), and the default PP is 30, which is, IMO, very high for such a good attack. Earthquake is for when you need to do rapetastic damage on a reliable basis.

Just don't send him against fighting types in particular (they strike fast, and pretty hard). Of course water and grass aren't so good, but geodude has good physical defense and high HP, so he functions as a pretty good defense tank.

May 28, 10 at 5:49pm
masterman

i would use golem plus you can find geodude early in the game at route 46 and onix you can trade for bellsprout witch might help until you want a steelix

May 28, 10 at 10:18am
Dodobird133

Put a relicanth in there. It's not the best, but: Head Smash, Waterfall, and Earthquake combo give you nice type coverage and a strong STAB.

May 28, 10 at 8:58am
Eon80

lol couple. Cradily in a Sandstorm ftw.

May 28, 10 at 8:14am
ShadowCrystallux

I never use Rock Types, but Golem and Omastar are a solid couple.

May 28, 10 at 7:56am
sydneyvictoria4711

My personal favorite is Sudowoodo.

May 28, 10 at 5:47am
Chaos Team

Regirock