Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Site/Forums Help and QA » Moderator's Corner » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

May 26, 10 at 10:38amAurora

Hi.

As I'm sure many of you know, this forum has never had a proper RFS-style thread for people to voice ideas about the forum and provide suggestions. I think it's important for all forums to have one in some form or another, so here it is.

The forum hasn't undergone much change since I joined, but maybe that's because it can't be improved much further or because there simply hasn't been a place like this to foster suggestions. In any case, if you have any neat ideas that would spice things up, or anything else to say about the running of forum (e.g. Why was my thread closed?), please post here.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 4, 16 at 10:18am
Kaiba

We may instead be supplying, replying, implying, or even complying.

Feb 4, 16 at 9:55am
Iscariot

quote Kaiba
Neoseeker is frying indeed.
naw, we're nyeing; using logic and reason.

Feb 3, 16 at 5:05pm
Ascii

The majority of the guests/new users that post the "open website" message are from Qatar, a region that is commonly blocked because so many spammers and advertisers post from there. Those accounts rarely respond to anything, they just spam message boards.

Feb 3, 16 at 3:42pm
Kaiba

My point was more that his answer was akin to giving no answer at all.

What harm is there in leaving the thread open? Or perhaps moving it to another forum that better fits his needs?

Or hey, schedule it for deletion in 3 days while the confused guest/new user gets some advice of some sort?

I mean, it took me all of 3 seconds to confirm that omegle.com is working and come to the conclusion that the issue is not on omegle's end.

Shouldn't we be encouraging newcomers to stick around and participate in the appropriate areas of the site? But in this case the guy gets a closed thread and a dismissive "go ask omegle" for his troubles. I don't know about you, but that's not a community that I would want to stick around and be a part of.

Neoseeker is frying indeed.

Feb 3, 16 at 3:26pm
Iscariot

quote Kaiba
Why did you close the omegle thread? While it certainly doesn't have anything to do with Neoseeker, we still could have provided some modicum of help to the poor chap.

For instance, I was set to point out that omegle.com is not, in fact, down, so omegle customer service is not the solution here. It seems more likely that he's on a school/work/library computer which has a filter that seems to have locked him out of omegle.
Kaiba, the thread was closed for the same reason we've had to close "helb registration" and similar threads here over the past few months.
because they don't deal with anything related to neoseeker, and because these posts don't seem to realize that that's what this forum is for, it's best for us to give a concise answer regarding that and be done with it.
while it's certainly a noble gesture, it doesn't fall upon anyone here to try to troubleshoot problems with access someone is having to an external, unaffiliated site. these posts are frequently from guests or new posters (the one being the latter) who may very well not respond if we were to ask questions to get a better idea of what was going on (as is the case with the opening post and InsanityS's attempt to get clarification).

it's better to keep items of that nature off so that this forum can be utilized for its intended purpose of helping users with neoseeker.

Feb 3, 16 at 2:36pm
Kaiba

oi, Ascii!

Why did you close the omegle thread? While it certainly doesn't have anything to do with Neoseeker, we still could have provided some modicum of help to the poor chap.

For instance, I was set to point out that omegle.com is not, in fact, down, so omegle customer service is not the solution here. It seems more likely that he's on a school/work/library computer which has a filter that seems to have locked him out of omegle.

Sep 13, 15 at 3:35pm
Iscariot

well, this thread's been stagnant for a while, so I thought it might be a good place to introduce the new guard.

as you've no doubt noticed, a new team has been appointed to moderate the site/forums help & QA and requests/feedback/suggestion.
just as it has been up to this point, the purpose of this thread is to provide feedback on the way this forum is being run, make suggestions, et al.

we'll be as diligent as possible about addressing every legitimate post here to best serve members of the community and ensure that things are operating in a smooth and efficient manner.

please don't be shy if any concerns arise. we are, after all, here to help.
if you'd prefer, you can also feel free to voice feedback through neoPM with any of us, or the supermods (active supermod contacts found here or here).

thank you!

Current Moderator Team

VeGiTAX2 | Iscariot | Ascii

Feb 17, 15 at 1:03pm
Justin

Going to echo what Fluidity said -- watching long standing moderators step down is always a sad thing to do. Best of luck with whatever endeavors your life has in store for it, and it's nice knowing you'll still be around. You did a fantastic job with the place!

Feb 17, 15 at 10:02am
InsanityS

Fluidity Chad Thank you. Not to worry, I've no plans for leaving Neoseeker quite yet and certainly I hope to continue with crs. Right now I've just made the decision to withdraw from moderating. In terms of this forum I'll still be around to answer the odd question where I can along with others who frequent the forum and the Supermod team should have it covered well for anything that might need a moderator response.

Feb 16, 15 at 5:35pm
Chad

Mhmm, you were here for quite some time Insanity Prevails. You did well while you were here and hopefully you'll still be around to help out when people come here with their questions. :3