Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Tri » Single Shot Ceadeus? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos

hideOriginal Post

May 04, 10 at 8:55pmspartagoose

Just wondering if anyone out there has killed ceadeus in one trip (ie full health, chase to 3, and kill).
I feel like I'm doing a pretty decent amount of damage with my Vortical Hammer (R) which is best hammer you can use against Ceadeus without higher ranked + items. (also excluding the rust hammer hammer since I haven't been blessed with that yet)
so how about it? have you done it, and with what weapon?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 01, 12 at 5:08pm
ThE_aLcHeMiSt

I didn't beat offline till after getting to hr 51 online. However beating it in 20 min is no problem witthe high rank weapons. The best way to do it wit low rank would b los armor mine can get wat socialdissonance had without needin to use the cap. Anyhow I would use the lagi long sword as high as it can get.

Jun 24, 12 at 4:36am
Kunimitsu04

The only reason its almost impossible is because SocialDissonance did it with around 5 min to spare using:

Weapon: The Undertaker

Head: Rathalos cap
Plate: Rathalos
Arms: Rathalos
Waist: Rathalos
Legs: Rathalos
Talisman: Attack +4
Skills: AUL, Critical Eye +1, and Heat resist (lo)

So it is (barely) possible with that set.

Jun 22, 12 at 10:33am
HeLLHounDs

With high rank equipment it's fairly easy i use an alatreon lance with low lagiacrus armor (upgraded to rare six for more armor). I take a mega demondrug with me and since the lagi armor has elemental attack up it boosts your power even more. From area 1 to 3 i just go all out at it and focus on its beard. Once the beard's cut i dragonator it at area 3 as soon as he goes in to rage mode. I recommend using the dragonator as soon as possible to get a second chance at using it cuz it recharges every 15min maybe. The dragonator also needs a little timing cause i mostly aim to hit the face with it to take out the horns quickly. From there i just attack without stopping and i manage to kill him every time in one quest. Good Luck!

Aug 11, 10 at 5:46am
ippiki_ookami

I've done it. I used skyscraper and boosted my attack with food before the fight. I even missed with the dragonator. I didn't touch the ballistae; just wailed on him. Plenty of time to spare. Game must have been jealous, as I didn't get crap for rewards :/

Jul 31, 10 at 3:55pm
MrScotty820

quote Brewsky95
i killed him in the first run once using the alatreon lance and lagi+ armor. barely had to heal and killed it with 1:28 to spare.
same, alatreon lance+ with megademondrug and barrel bomb L+ with rathalos armor+.

Jul 31, 10 at 1:13pm
2legitimate

with high rank online equipment, under 20 minutes is very feasible (my record without adrenaline/heroics is 17.46)
alatreon gleam and full vangis is the way to go if you dont want to risk using adrenaline+2.

with offline equipment, i think it may be possible if you used ceadeus armour to get sharpness+1.

Jul 31, 10 at 7:36am
Dark Arcanine

Yep, I have.

- Killed Ceadeus in a single run, time of 25:40. Only used two First Aid Med, two Mega Dash Juice and three/four Whetstone. Cha-Cha was doing great with attack boosts. x3 Managed to break the fur, tail and horns before using the Dragonator and then did the hood as well. I was really chuffed to get everything done and slay it in the single run. I used my full Agnaktor+ with the Alatreon Lance
Nothing too fancy. Just a good Dragon element weapon. I only used the Dragonator once, though you can do it twice. I didn't focus on a specific part of the body. I mean you should go for the beard, but I kind've ended up playing off tail+hood most of the time (after breaking everything).

Jul 30, 10 at 10:32pm
neji 9889

i can do it in 25 minutes with full vangis and amphitrite lance.

Jul 30, 10 at 7:46pm
Psycho5050

I single shot Ceasus with 20 seconds left using the ceadus+ set with jaggi mask and Vangis Coat... I got Jack squat despite having the skill great luck. Unlucky me....

Jul 30, 10 at 2:45pm
craig15

used the same dragon longsword yan yue duo raw power upgarde with full vangis finished with 3:53 seconds left plus while carving got 2 deep dragongems and 1 in the rewards now i can fully upgrade my barbarian blade lucky me huh?