Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » removeproperties in context menu - What is it!? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 02, 10 at 10:40amTwin_Master

For some reason I'm getting this in my context menu. I have no idea what the *bleep* it is and I want it gone. Help?

Windows 7 Professional.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 07, 13 at 8:21am
ssedlak

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\removeproperties]
"ProgrammaticAccessOnly"="Apartment"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\removeproperties\DropTarget]
"CLSID"="{09a28848-0e97-4cef-b950-cea037161155}"

copy and paste all of above into a notepad document and save as "something".reg. Then double click on the new file.

Nov 01, 12 at 1:49pm
help, please

"If you're seeing removeproperties in the context menu, it's likely that you've somehow stripped the data from these two keys in Windows 7:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\removeproperties
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\removeproperties \DropTarget

They should contain the following:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\removeproperties \DropTarget]
"CLSID"="{09a28848-0e97-4cef-b950-cea037161155}" "

how do i add back the stripped data?
thanks!

Mar 10, 11 at 10:53am
David Ash

If you're seeing removeproperties in the context menu, it's likely that you've somehow stripped the data from these two keys in Windows 7:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\removeproperties
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\removeproperties \DropTarget

They should contain the following:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\removeproperties \DropTarget]
"CLSID"="{09a28848-0e97-4cef-b950-cea037161155}"

May 04, 10 at 2:24pm
jackpumpkin

what does the error say?

you could try to see if you can find this in the registry MenuExt/removeproperties

I had to remove something from my menu recently(from office) and thats how it was,It should be in the folder of whatever put that on your computer.Im not sure if itll be the same but you can try it out and see if it works to find the culprit.

BTW I looked through the book windows 7 inside and out and there was nothing in it about that so it def came from somewhere else.

edit
oh sorry i didnt see you said its gone already!

May 04, 10 at 2:00pm
Twin_Master

Had tried it before and it came up with an error. It's not something I'd want to have either way!

May 04, 10 at 1:07pm
jackpumpkin

i think its just a shortcut to do this,one of your programs probably included it to make it easier,

click

or im not sure maybe theres a way in windows 7 to send that as a shortcut to the context menu and thats what happened.

May 03, 10 at 3:42pm
Freeze

It might have been. In order to prevent this in the future, it's wise to install Spybot S&D (if you haven't already) and run TeaTimer (this option can be enabled/disabled to your preference upon startup).

TeaTimer is a small utility which monitors registry changes in critical registry area's when something is installed or otherwise altered from any source other then your own.

May 03, 10 at 1:53pm
Twin_Master

Not quite sure exactly. It just suddenly appeared, and on everything.

Upon recent checks it's gone. I did however to a big system cleanup, and I think it might have been a registry error or unauthorised edit.

May 03, 10 at 1:52pm
Freeze

Where exactly do you get that entry? On all files when you right click or just a certain type?
I don't really know what it is, as I've never seen it before, but have you recently installed new programs?

May 03, 10 at 1:43pm
Twin_Master

Have any idea what it is?