Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon HeartGold Version » Power Items, other wise known as Stat Boosters » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Hey! Want advice/feedback on your Pokemon team? All "rate my team" threads belong in the Strategy forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Apr 20, 10 at 5:02pmw111j

The Stat Boosters(Power Lens, Power Band, etc.) not only give EVs, but they add to the Stat itself with Level Up. What happend with me, I was EVing a Sableye, and I EV'd for Atk. It leveled up a few times and got +13 Atk(no joke. It was holding the Atk boosting item, but I forget the name). But, when I started EVing for another stat, with another booster, it gained +13 on said stat, and only +7 or so on Atk. Just thought I'd let some people know what I found, in case someone doesn't know, and to see if anyone else had noticed.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 20, 10 at 6:08pm
Soda

I guess so. I had gained a level during the middle of EV training my lvl 40 Staryu and it gained +12 to Sp Attack. Once I finished EV training it and it gained another level, it got +7 in Sp Attack.

Apr 20, 10 at 5:39pm
w111j

quote Sodachugger0
quote w111j
quote Sodachugger0
That's not the case. The reason it was so big in the first place was because at the level you first leveled to, you were 13 behind what it would have been had you EV trained first and gradually leveled it to that level.

Attach the item to your Sableye and see if it gains +13 again.
Oh. But it did that for about 4-5 levels while it was holding the item, but I guess that doesn't really matter.
I'm going to take a guess and say your Sableye is around lvl 40+?
Yes. But, is there a limit to how many stats it can gain per level or something?

Apr 20, 10 at 5:27pm
Soda

quote w111j
quote Sodachugger0
That's not the case. The reason it was so big in the first place was because at the level you first leveled to, you were 13 behind what it would have been had you EV trained first and gradually leveled it to that level.

Oh. But it did that for about 4-5 levels while it was holding the item, but I guess that doesn't really matter.
I'm going to take a guess and say your Sableye is around lvl 40+?

Apr 20, 10 at 5:25pm
w111j

quote Sodachugger0

Apr 20, 10 at 5:15pm
Soda

Apr 20, 10 at 5:02pm
w111j

The Stat Boosters(Power Lens, Power Band, etc.) not only give EVs, but they add to the Stat itself with Level Up. What happend with me, I was EVing a Sableye, and I EV'd for Atk. It leveled up a few times and got +13 Atk(no joke. It was holding the Atk boosting item, but I forget the name). But, when I started EVing for another stat, with another booster, it gained +13 on said stat, and only +7 or so on Atk. Just thought I'd let some people know what I found, in case someone doesn't know, and to see if anyone else had noticed.