Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Playstation 3 » Games like GTA » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 19, 10 at 4:27pmLuke the Gooner

Are there any old or new games on the ps3 that are simular to GTA

Thanks

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 04, 13 at 1:29pm
Paranoid Android

Saints Row: The Third
Sleeping Dogs
Just Cause 2

The above three are the most similar to the GTA style of sandboxes.

Other open world games include Infamous and Assassin's Creed.

Jan 02, 13 at 5:40pm
Flashbfieldz

Sleeping dogs is really cool ! Is just like gta. But the fighting is better because he a martial artist a undercover cop and a triad all in one! U can get a massage at the parlor and even throw enemies off buildings! The weapon selection is more vast in gta but the features go hand in hand if ur look for a gta San Andreas type game

Nov 16, 12 at 9:20pm
OT_Vaygen

Listed on what?
Anyway I can't w8 4 gta5.
If I made a game, it would be competition of awkward moments and woppa fart sounds. Constant awkward would be its name.

Nov 16, 12 at 9:11pm
OT_Vaygen

Red faction is same same but different. I liked how you can smash everything, level buildings n schtuuff.

Apr 20, 10 at 9:46pm
Motorway Maniac

It's a tricky GENRE I must say. When you compare the quantity to RPGs, FPS, Action, Sports etc. Sandbox is very few and far between.

Er... I don't think I saw Red Faction Guerilla listed.

Apr 20, 10 at 7:59pm
Skillet

quote Gamesta100
Simpsons Hit and Run is a PS2 game and he specifically asked for PS3 games.
Well he does have a Ps2 and if he loves GTA games that much then I don't see why not. Speaking of Simpsons, The Simpsons: The Game is very fun and even has a level called, "Grand Theft Scratchy."

Apr 20, 10 at 5:04pm
Existence

I beat Simpsons: H&R, but never 100%'d it.

@OP: We'd be able to give you better options if you gave us more details. By "games like GTA", do you mean any open-world game or a game with car-jacking and shooting in it?

Apr 20, 10 at 5:03pm
ChiroVette

lol I actually have that as an XBox game. Maybe I should pop in in just for laughs and to see if I can get into it even though I couldn't a few years back.

Apr 20, 10 at 4:59pm
Bergin

quote ChiroVette
Oh, Lord! The Simpson's: Hit and Run!

I played about 20% of that game and gave it up out of sheer boredom. Technically, though, it is the GTA of The Simpsons.
I 100%'d it! I loved that game!

As for GTA-like games, I've played both of The Godfather games and they're both well worth playing. Very similar formula to GTA.

Apr 20, 10 at 2:00pm
Luke the Gooner

thanks everyone