Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Playstation 3 » Games like GTA » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 19, 10 at 4:27pm

Are there any old or new games on the ps3 that are simular to GTA

Thanks

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 04, 13 at 1:29pm
Paranoid Android

Saints Row: The Third
Sleeping Dogs
Just Cause 2

The above three are the most similar to the GTA style of sandboxes.

Other open world games include Infamous and Assassin's Creed.

Jan 02, 13 at 5:40pm
Flashbfieldz

Sleeping dogs is really cool ! Is just like gta. But the fighting is better because he a martial artist a undercover cop and a triad all in one! U can get a massage at the parlor and even throw enemies off buildings! The weapon selection is more vast in gta but the features go hand in hand if ur look for a gta San Andreas type game

Nov 16, 12 at 9:20pm
OT_Vaygen

Listed on what?
Anyway I can't w8 4 gta5.
If I made a game, it would be competition of awkward moments and woppa fart sounds. Constant awkward would be its name.

Nov 16, 12 at 9:11pm
OT_Vaygen

Red faction is same same but different. I liked how you can smash everything, level buildings n schtuuff.

Apr 20, 10 at 9:46pm
Motorway Maniac

It's a tricky GENRE I must say. When you compare the quantity to RPGs, FPS, Action, Sports etc. Sandbox is very few and far between.

Er... I don't think I saw Red Faction Guerilla listed.

Apr 20, 10 at 7:59pm
Skillet

quote Gamesta100
Simpsons Hit and Run is a PS2 game and he specifically asked for PS3 games.
Well he does have a Ps2 and if he loves GTA games that much then I don't see why not. Speaking of Simpsons, The Simpsons: The Game is very fun and even has a level called, "Grand Theft Scratchy."

Apr 20, 10 at 5:04pm
Existence

I beat Simpsons: H&R, but never 100%'d it.

@OP: We'd be able to give you better options if you gave us more details. By "games like GTA", do you mean any open-world game or a game with car-jacking and shooting in it?

Apr 20, 10 at 5:03pm
ChiroVette

lol I actually have that as an XBox game. Maybe I should pop in in just for laughs and to see if I can get into it even though I couldn't a few years back.

Apr 20, 10 at 4:59pm
Bergin

quote ChiroVette
Oh, Lord! The Simpson's: Hit and Run!

I played about 20% of that game and gave it up out of sheer boredom. Technically, though, it is the GTA of The Simpsons.
I 100%'d it! I loved that game!

As for GTA-like games, I've played both of The Godfather games and they're both well worth playing. Very similar formula to GTA.

Apr 20, 10 at 2:00pm
Luke the Gooner

thanks everyone