Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Pokémon Red / Blue / Yellow » | - [ "Save Data Destroyed!"?! ] - | » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Apr 16, 10 at 11:06pmDXD

So I decided to check on my long-since completed Red Version today and to my dismay, the message "Save Data Destroyed!" showed up before I could make it to the "Continue" screen and completely erased my profile! ;_;

I was no doubt annoyed and upset at this and would really like to know what could have possible caused this so a similar fate will not fall onto my Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal Versions. I have previously used the Missingno glitch and a couple GBC AR codes on this game in the past.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 15, 13 at 1:06pm
Xelrog T Apocalypse

Question's been resolved. Nearly three full years ago. Pretty sure he's not still actively waiting for a response.

Also, I just stated above: If it were a dead save battery, he wouldn't have received a "corrupted file" notice. There would just be no Continue option at all.

Feb 15, 13 at 11:22am
Toffee8899

Sorry if i bumped this thread but the battery may be dead/dry and need replacing , unfortunatley, this will not restore your game save

Apr 4, 12 at 2:22pm
Oh yeah im cool

It happened to my Game Boy now.......except I know why, someone bashed into it and... well... the game probably broke because of the pressure in the bash/when it fell on the ground. Got it over with, they still owe me though >

Mar 27, 12 at 10:23am
Xelrog T Apocalypse

Question's been answered. It wasn't the cheats - it was the game being turned off in the middle of saving. This is an established result for Generation 1 games.

And it has nothing to do with the battery. If the battery had died, the "Continue" option would have just disappeared - no warning or corruption notice.

Jan 12, 12 at 12:15am
Oh yeah im cool

Ah, so it, well, its probably your CHEATS that affected your game.

Jan 6, 12 at 10:50pm
AxeLea

quote Oh yeah im cool
quote AxeLea
Also, it's a computer. It doesn't simply "forget" a profile.
Sorry, I'm just 8, and I didn't know it was a 'computer', I thought it was just a regular old 'game boy colour'.
It is but it has computer chips in it. To store the data.

Jan 6, 12 at 10:23pm
Oh yeah im cool

quote AxeLea
Also, it's a computer. It doesn't simply "forget" a profile.
Sorry, I'm just 8, and I didn't know it was a 'computer', I thought it was just a regular old 'game boy colour'.

Dec 18, 11 at 10:52pm
awesomeusername

I know exactly why this happens. In GBC game cartriges there is a small battery like thing that stores the memory. If the battery starts to ware out, then the memory will start to stop working properly. There's a large possibility that it will just stop saving completely, but it would have to be really worn out for that to happen. However I heard there's a way to get that fixed.

Dec 5, 11 at 5:24am
AxeLea

Cheats almost NEVER affect your game. The only time it would was if you put in a code wrong. Also, it's a computer. It doesn't simply "forget" a profile.

Nov 13, 11 at 5:51pm
Oh yeah im cool

Next time, watch out how you use/how much you do cheats. It also might be that you haven't played it in awhile, so it forgot your profile.