Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Apr 16, 10 at 5:53amgamenut6659

This game seems to be so fun. The story itself is actually interesting(to a point), and the sub-stories can be anywhere from boring to downright hilarious. The fighting would seem to get repetitive but they throw in so many new moves throughout the game that it doesn't get to be that bad, and some of the finishing moves will have you jumping out of your seat even after you've seen them fifty times. The beginning of the game is a hump in a way, it can be boring to some however it eventually picks up after awhile. Many people have called it a babysitter game and at the beginning they are right however that goes to the wayside if you are patient enough to get through those first couple chapters.

Quirky is a title this game deserves, and the quirkiness makes it a great game. Some of the Mini-games are great(Darts,karaoke), some I wish they had done a better job with(pool). I have seen complaints about the way many missions will not give you a waypoint on the map. I Love That, I hate games that hold my hand as I play. I am 30 and if I can't figure something out by now in a game then shame on me.

A buddy of mine has been watching me play it and he is suprised at times to what goes on in it. It's no GTA however if you played Shenmue for the Dreamcast and liked it BUY this game.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 02, 11 at 6:05am
Deception

Amazing game. Go buy it, now.

Jan 26, 11 at 8:53pm
gamenut6659

I'm still trying to grab the Platinum in it before Yakuza 4 is released here in the states.

If you question whether or not to buy the game I suggest waiting till you find it cheap, I have no problem paying full price for the games as there is so much to do in the game, but I can't guarantee that anyone else will like the game as much as I do. It has definite drawbacks many complain the graphics are sub-par(to me gameplay>graphics any day) and the babysitting aspect turns away quite a few people, but I believe if you at least playthrough the story just once you'll find it to be a game that is one of the most overlooked games of the year.

Dec 21, 10 at 5:23am
Deception

Yakuza 3? Haven't bought it yet, getting it at the boxing day sales.

Dec 20, 10 at 9:12pm
smarti3

quote Deception
quote gamenut6659
A buddy of mine has been watching me play it and he is suprised at times to what goes on in it. It's no GTA however if you played Shenmue for the Dreamcast and liked it BUY this game.
I played Shenmue 2 on the xbox and its still to date the most in depth game I've ever played. Now that you've said that, I have no choice but to go buy Yakuza 3

Is the game good ? I've considered buying it for quite a while

Sep 21, 10 at 9:37am
Deception

quote gamenut6659
I played Shenmue 2 on the xbox and its still to date the most in depth game I've ever played. Now that you've said that, I have no choice but to go buy Yakuza 3

Apr 16, 10 at 5:53am
gamenut6659

This game seems to be so fun. The story itself is actually interesting(to a point), and the sub-stories can be anywhere from boring to downright hilarious. The fighting would seem to get repetitive but they throw in so many new moves throughout the game that it doesn't get to be that bad, and some of the finishing moves will have you jumping out of your seat even after you've seen them fifty times. The beginning of the game is a hump in a way, it can be boring to some however it eventually picks up after awhile. Many people have called it a babysitter game and at the beginning they are right however that goes to the wayside if you are patient enough to get through those first couple chapters.

Quirky is a title this game deserves, and the quirkiness makes it a great game. Some of the Mini-games are great(Darts,karaoke), some I wish they had done a better job with(pool). I have seen complaints about the way many missions will not give you a waypoint on the map. I Love That, I hate games that hold my hand as I play. I am 30 and if I can't figure something out by now in a game then shame on me.