Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Books & Literature » Books & Lit General Discussion - Trilogy » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the Books & Literature forum! Have a seat, stay a while.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 07, 10 at 3:51pmCurt Connors

Last page of the last one is here. Please continue with any general chat about the world of books.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 26, 14 at 6:56pm
Mouldy Cheese

quote IcarusAbides
I've vote for Brandon Sanderson Rulez
Seconded!

Aurora It'd be really nice to have something up there. I'll keep my eyes peeled for some book-related graphics!

Feb 13, 14 at 6:29pm
IcarusAbides

quote Aurora
This forum would look much nicer with a header, don't you think? There used to be one, but I guess it got deleted at some point after the last moderator departed.

Anyone got anything fitting?
I've vote for Brandon Sanderson Rulez

Feb 10, 14 at 3:54pm
Aurora

This forum would look much nicer with a header, don't you think? There used to be one, but I guess it got deleted at some point after the last moderator departed.

Anyone got anything fitting?

Sep 24, 13 at 1:19am
Mouldy Cheese

wildfire
Based on what you've read already (which seems to be sort of YA adventure for the most part?) I would recommend the Maze Runner trilogy. Sounds right up your alley ^^ If you want to try something a little paranormal/detective The Dresden Files (the first book is called Stormfront) by Jim Butcher are quite fun!

Sep 22, 13 at 6:04pm
wildfire

I found out recently that my smart phone...does a lot of things...which includes being akin to a kindle. I can get books e-books on it and I while I have a mental list of books I'd like to read again, I was wondering what recent books should I look into.

I've read:
The inheritance cycle
The shadow children series - I want to read this series again and the one below it
Lost years of merlin series
Percy Jackson series
Maximum Ride series
Almost all of the pendragon series
...and a so much more that I cant remember haha.

I really dont care much for the genre.

Sep 20, 13 at 2:24am
Willow

Welcome to the e-reading team Mouldy Cheese!

Since I got my Kobo I must admit I have reverted back to paper books because I've found a few at the library. Once they're done and subject to not finding more when I go back to return them, I will go back to my kobo and make friends with it once again. I've got a line up on there too of books waiting to be read. I have trouble with my concentration though so it can be slow going sometimes =( I'm jealous of people who can whizz through them.

Sep 18, 13 at 5:18pm
Mouldy Cheese

IcarusAbides I know! So far away Reading Pat's blog just isn't enough.

I'm actually loving my kindle so much. Why was I so negative about getting one in the past? Silly me! It's one of my favourite possessions already ^^

Sep 18, 13 at 2:38pm
IcarusAbides

Really itching to read The Doors of Stone but it's not out till next year

Damn you Mouldy Cheese

Also, congrats on the kindle, good to see you converting to digital reading and yeah it's pretty sweet having it stocked with books

Finished your reading assignment yet Dragoon?

Sep 10, 13 at 8:59pm
Mouldy Cheese

I got a kindle yesterday

I'm really enjoying it so far, because there's quite a few books that I have wanted to try but am not sure I would like them enough to have the physical book taking up room on my precariously full bookshelf. Plus, for my birthday, one of my friends gave me a usb with 900+ ebooks on it, which is almost as good a present as the kindle itself xD

May 05, 13 at 10:02pm
gibsongirl

quote Mouldy Cheese
quote gibsongirl
quote Mouldy Cheese
That's so odd! I'm the complete opposite. Provided that they're well written, I always seem to empathise with my characters and get a little too attached to them. Yep, I'm that person that cries at the end of books when their favourite character dies or sacrifices themselves for the greater good.

I've always loved how everyone has a different outlook on a book after reading it. It's what makes them fun to talk about
I'm the same way. I cried and get angry and become overly attached to characters. And I don't usually put a book down because I read it in one sitting but then when I'm done I don't know what to do with myself because all I can think of are the characters that got killed off or something. And then I'm like "Why must all the character I love die!"
It's horrible! And yet, like addicts, we're always going back for more! I often re-read my books (to keep them from being too lonely left on the shelf!) and hoping that this time will be different. That the book somehow mystically changed since the previous read through and the characters can avoid the big horrible thing that's going to be spoiled. This ALWAYS happens when I read Betrayal. I'm yelling in my mind to the characters telling them to just wait one more day! Just leave a note explaining something! Don't make the same stupid mistake you made last time!

I hope I'm not alone in this :3

Believe me, you aren't at all alone. I have a few friends who are the same way. We always hope something will change. It's really bad when I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Always hoping everyone lives this time. When in reality I'm just setting myself up to be upset all over again.