Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » The Conduit » The Conduit 2 Confirmed » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Mar 30, 10 at 2:55amAkira_EX

-Published by Sega
-2 or 4 player split screen
-new guns
-giant boss battles
-greater focus on story and art
-takes place in Atlantis

courtesy GAF

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 26, 10 at 2:54am
CarRamrod

I'm hoping this game is actually good. The original shows a ton of promise but HVS needs to fix the hackers, which I read they are going to be able to patch security this time, and they also need to make the campaign better. The original was subpar, at best. It was a standard humans vs aliens story with repetitive gameplay. I'm really hoping that HVS improves and shows that this can compare to games on the PS3 and 360, instead of the old "it's good for a Wii game" scenario.

Jun 10, 10 at 7:15pm
Justin

Yes! If they don't actualy fix the errors in the first game, there's no way I'm buying it.

Though the things that they've released thus far look really promising. All the modes and pictures. I hope they pull through.

Jun 10, 10 at 6:40pm
Mikstaslaya

We can only hope it will be better than the first game.

To be honest, as cool as the new features sound (except for split screen, that sounds like a disaster on a console like the Wii), I would be completely set on buying it if all they did was fix the glitches, bugs, hacking, frame-rate/lag issues, and graphical "oopsies". I really hope they are going in the "it's broken, so let's fix it" direction instead of just saying "we can cover up all of those flaws by adding some new features!" direction.

In the former's case I will definitely look into at least renting this game, possibly buying it if they really fix the first game's issues.

Jun 03, 10 at 12:27am
DimentiotheJester

I cant wait for this either, hopefully it doesn't have as many glitches and hackers as the first one...

May 04, 10 at 8:47pm
bbb7002004

They had pretty much started work before the first game even hit shelves, I imagine. Having the plot line basically mapped out, a good portion of the in game assets hanging around from the first game, and the engine already built and tuned up cut out a ton of development time.

May 04, 10 at 5:08am
Darcshadow7

I agree. As much as I want it, I dont think they should rush it. They have too many developers working on other games currently.

But, if they can finish their projects and have more developers available, then I could see it happening.

May 04, 10 at 5:01am
Justin

Mikeymikeymikey!

That's the thing, it's scheduled for this autumn. I think they're rushing this, and it could lead to a bad game.

May 04, 10 at 12:55am
Mikstaslaya

No way it can be coming out soon though, I mean the original isn't even a year old.

Though they are making progress pretty fast. Considering those are obviously pre-beta screenshots they don't look too bad for a game half finished.

So long as they take their time on the key features and needed elements of an online shooter then this can turn out well.

Apr 30, 10 at 3:19am
Justin

Just a side note:

I'm loving the huge link to the conduit two's forum. Nice work, BBB. (:

Apr 29, 10 at 8:04am
euben0

It looks like there are more boss battles!

That's something they lacked in #1.