Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon HeartGold Version » Who did you start with? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Hey! Want advice/feedback on your Pokemon team? All "rate my team" threads belong in the Strategy forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Mar 27, 10 at 3:33amTimStarz09

I started with Cyndaquil and nicknamed it Bernard.

Which one of the three starter Pokemon did you start with? If you're getting the game, which one do you think you'll get: Totodile, Cyndaquil, or Chikorita?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 27, 10 at 10:50pm
FinalFantasyFanaticc

Cyndaquil, same one I used when I first played Gold on my GBC =]

Mar 27, 10 at 9:34pm
Dannnnn

I chose Cyndaquil. I was stuck between that and Chikorita.

Mar 27, 10 at 9:25pm
Saints Fan

I'm starting with Cyndaquil, it's my favourite of them all.

Plus it learns T-Punch when it evolves to counter it's water weakness.

Mar 27, 10 at 9:18pm
leila89

quote cheepers
Chikorita. I wanted a challenge haha
Playing with Chikorita is definitely the toughest.

I picked Cyndaquil by accident this time. I was too lazy to go through all the dialogue at the beginning of the game all over again so I just stuck with it, but I actually wanted to go with Totodile.

Mar 27, 10 at 7:01pm
iGods

Chikorita.

Despite clear disadvantages, having a Meganium that can kill a Typhlosion very much makes up for the slow start.

Mar 27, 10 at 3:26pm
Growlie

cyndaquil on ss, totodile on hg.

Mar 27, 10 at 2:22pm
Zuidy

quote TimStarz09
I started with Cyndaquil and nicknamed it Bernard.

Which one of the three starter Pokemon did you start with? If you're getting the game, which one do you think you'll get: Totodile, Cyndaquil, or Chikorita?
Cyndaquil FTW.

Mar 27, 10 at 2:21pm
Zong

I chose Totodile since he's my favorite out of the starters. Once you learn Ice fang, grass pokemon are a joke.

Mar 27, 10 at 9:32am
Brawler

I'm gonna go with Cyndaquil, not because its best, but because it was the first pokemon I ever got back in the day of gold/silver. Also because I'm a bit of a pyromaniac and I enjoy fire.

Mar 27, 10 at 7:28am
Shadow of Death

Cyndaquil. Other two just didn't seem like a good pick. Especially early on, when you finally learn fire, there are a number of bug and plant pokemon....Water pokemon aren't that common either. Nor are rock, it seems.