Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon HeartGold Version » Entei, Raikou, and Ho-Oh question » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Hey! Want advice/feedback on your Pokemon team? All "rate my team" threads belong in the Strategy forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Mar 22, 10 at 8:04amjjs61

I'm aware that since these are runners their nature/ivs remain the same regardless of how many times you encounter them. However, I've read that if you defeat them and come back after you beat the E4 they are revived with new natures/IVs. My question is whether or not this is repeatable? I.e., can I defeat them once, and then defeat them a SECOND time after beating the E4 and then proceed to go back and defeat the E4 again and get a THIRD shot at IVs/natures? Or does this only work twice?

Also, I'm getting frustrated with Ho-Oh and was debating killing him and coming back. The only thing holding me back is that I've read that the second time this is done he stays with the same nature/IV. That is, even after a soft-reset he won't change his nature/IV if you wait until after the E4 to catch him (after KO-ing him).

Any insight on the two matters would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 20, 12 at 8:43am
Inhale

quote Pokemon Expert
I know. I defeat Entei, Raikou, Lati@s, and when you beat the Elite 4, they come back with new nature, and possibly shiny. It's called the Post Elite 4 Method. Also, can you Soft Reset for a shiny Entei, Raikou, or Lati@s? As for Ho-Oh, I'm not sure about his nature, but if you beat him and beat the E4 again, he will come back.
You can soft reset for the interact-able ones, but I wouldn't know for the dogs. Either way, it is not worth it. The odds of you getting what you're seeking for are really, really low however. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Apr 19, 12 at 4:40pm
Pokemon Expert

I know. I defeat Entei, Raikou, Lati@s, and when you beat the Elite 4, they come back with new nature, and possibly shiny. It's called the Post Elite 4 Method. Also, can you Soft Reset for a shiny Entei, Raikou, or Lati@s? As for Ho-Oh, I'm not sure about his nature, but if you beat him and beat the E4 again, he will come back.

Mar 25, 10 at 9:23pm
grizz

did u restart until u got it(saved b4 encountering it and start from last saved point) or did u just luckily got it?

Mar 25, 10 at 4:48am
pokemon4444

i can tell you now that Ho-Oh personality value will be different every time you fight it. The personality value determines nature, shininess and lots of other stuff that doesn't affect Ho-Oh (Spindas spots, unknown letter and wurple evolution). Trust me, I have a shiny Ho-Oh.

Mar 25, 10 at 1:15am
grizz

i thought on balbieda i read that the dogs get revived and start runing around again but i could be mistaken. or i could of heard form someone else that told me about it

Mar 24, 10 at 7:36pm
Just14

Not for the dogs
Ho-oh you can fight after the Elite Four again. If you killed it or ran away.

Mar 24, 10 at 7:33pm
grizz

i heard that u can face all the legendaries again after u beat the E4

Mar 22, 10 at 4:38pm
Yer

no you can't beat them a second time and expect them to come back. you get a one time only chance on the dogs I beleive and you get to re-battle ho-oh after E4 and it will be lvl 70.

and to the second, yes it will be same nature and Ivs.

Mar 22, 10 at 8:04am
jjs61

I'm aware that since these are runners their nature/ivs remain the same regardless of how many times you encounter them. However, I've read that if you defeat them and come back after you beat the E4 they are revived with new natures/IVs. My question is whether or not this is repeatable? I.e., can I defeat them once, and then defeat them a SECOND time after beating the E4 and then proceed to go back and defeat the E4 again and get a THIRD shot at IVs/natures? Or does this only work twice?

Also, I'm getting frustrated with Ho-Oh and was debating killing him and coming back. The only thing holding me back is that I've read that the second time this is done he stays with the same nature/IV. That is, even after a soft-reset he won't change his nature/IV if you wait until after the E4 to catch him (after KO-ing him).

Any insight on the two matters would be GREATLY appreciated.