Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy XIII » Adamantoise Farming for Low-Level Characters » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.ALL members MUST check the Thread Index and read the Spoiler & Ban Policy BEFORE posting!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Mar 22, 10 at 5:06amYilun

Hey guys, seems like I've found a pretty good way to farm the adamantoise even when you're low-level (I just finished chapter 11).

My setup is Vanille Sab as my main, Fang Sab and Sazh Synergist. The paradigm class is called Espionage. It doesn't really matter what HP your characters are at or how strong they are because technically, it won't matter. One stomp from the adamantoise and I'm dead anyways.

I have scarf and sprint shoes on both Fang and Vanille. I have both collector and conn catalog plus sprint shoes on Sazh.

What I do is simply this:
1) Immediately summon with Vanille and it will take out its legs.
2) Immediately dismiss the eidolon by pressing square and calling the final attack
3) After that, just start spamming Death with Vanille. Sazh will make sure that everyone's haste and faith are up.
4) Fang will start debuffing the adamantoise
5) It appears that when the adamantoise is fully buffed (deprotect, defaith, slow, imperil, pain, etc.), the chances of death successfully landing increases by alot.
6) If he stands up, just select retry and do it over again

It doesn't even matter if your characters aren't as powerful as others out there because this doesn't require a single attack except for death and buffing.

The reason why death seems to suck is because if you try to cast it without any buffs on the enemy, it seems to take FOREVER to work. But with the buffs on the fallen adamantoise, the death success rate seems to skyrocket.

I've fought about 20 times, death has worked exactly 12/20 times. My average victory time with death is about 40-50 seconds into the battle.

In the span of the last hour or so, I've gotten 2 platinum ignots and 1 trapz so far. The other 9-10 battles or so that I didn't get any drops, I got 40,000 cp at least. Overall, I think I've earned about 400,000-500,000 cp, 2 platinum ignots (300,000 gil), and 1 trapz (2M gil in value) in the past hour. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Note, my Sab crystal levels are maxed out for Fang and Vanille and I'm using the Bella Wand for Vanille which has improved debuffing.

My friend tried this after I showed him and he also got 1 plat and 1 trapz in around the same timespan, not to mention all the cp you gain as well. Definitely worth some time to invest if you ask me.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 14, 13 at 7:56pm
Omagus

sorry quickest time is 45secs***

Feb 14, 13 at 7:55pm
Omagus

Yes I can confirm that using Vanille as sab and a syg and another sab is the quickest way of bring this guy down, quest time is 45secs.

By doing a summon upon entering battle will make the adamantoise automatically lose his legs so you dont have to kill off the legs making him attackable without him attaching for the next 60 odd seconds.

while u have the summon up use Vanille to casts all her sab elements such as deprotect, imperil ect... try and do this quickly then either dismiss ur summon or use up the moves. Once done so spam Death the other char with sab should fill any missing status elements.

I tried this method 5 times in a row with only one failure due to adamantoise recovering and standing up, this means you took too long with the summon.

Also with this method you have to refill your TP every time.

Oct 23, 12 at 6:04am
Just say the word

I tried and tried but all fang does is cast daze any help would be appreciated.

Oct 06, 12 at 10:02am
MikLuvin

I just killed one in 10 seconds... Still no drop!

May 09, 12 at 11:15pm
Crazy Dave

For players that are utterly overwhelmed by the large Oretoise, Summon and Death is the only way to deal with it.

Here's Death's Mechanism:

- It has 1% base chance to KO
- Additional debuffs on target will give extra 1% base chance
- Imperial boost Death success rate by 2%

- When Adamantoise fell, it is susceptible to 6 Debuffs
- Imperial, Deprotect, Deshell, Curse, Slow and Daze
- Altogether will give Death 8%
- However, Provoke too count as debuff, factoring in extra 1%
- With SAB role level taken into account, Death may/may not hit in 1/10 under given conditions
- It is most recommended to employ Death with SAB SAB SAB / SAB SAB SEN with Fang/Snow/Sazh spam Daze after every Death spam

Unconfirmed Tips

- Vigilance improve success rate of Debuff lands but not sure about Death
- Staggered enemy will have lower resistance to debuffs, however not sure if it further increase Death's success rate as well.

May 06, 12 at 6:50am
esoterikos

quote Zack_305
I've yet to take out those huge Mother******s!!!!! Bastards always kill me before I even get a chance 2 hit it
Have you tried killing the Adamantortoises? They look almost like the Adamantoises, and they still drop ingots, but you don't have to take out the legs first. You can use the ingots to upgrade, then go after the Adamantoises.

May 06, 12 at 3:06am
Zack_305

I've yet to take out those huge Mother******s!!!!! Bastards always kill me before I even get a chance 2 hit it

May 04, 12 at 9:57am
punkyfish

quote Yilun
Hey guys, seems like I've found a pretty good way to farm the adamantoise even when you're low-level (I just finished chapter 11).

My setup is Vanille Sab as my main, Fang Sab and Sazh Synergist. The paradigm class is called Espionage. It doesn't really matter what HP your characters are at or how strong they are because technically, it won't matter. One stomp from the adamantoise and I'm dead anyways.

I have scarf and sprint shoes on both Fang and Vanille. I have both collector and conn catalog plus sprint shoes on Sazh.

What I do is simply this:
1) Immediately summon with Vanille and it will take out its legs.
2) Immediately dismiss the eidolon by pressing square and calling the final attack
3) After that, just start spamming Death with Vanille. Sazh will make sure that everyone's haste and faith are up.
4) Fang will start debuffing the adamantoise
5) It appears that when the adamantoise is fully buffed (deprotect, defaith, slow, imperil, pain, etc.), the chances of death successfully landing increases by alot.
6) If he stands up, just select retry and do it over again

It doesn't even matter if your characters aren't as powerful as others out there because this doesn't require a single attack except for death and buffing.

The reason why death seems to suck is because if you try to cast it without any buffs on the enemy, it seems to take FOREVER to work. But with the buffs on the fallen adamantoise, the death success rate seems to skyrocket.

I've fought about 20 times, death has worked exactly 12/20 times. My average victory time with death is about 40-50 seconds into the battle.

In the span of the last hour or so, I've gotten 2 platinum ignots and 1 trapz so far. The other 9-10 battles or so that I didn't get any drops, I got 40,000 cp at least. Overall, I think I've earned about 400,000-500,000 cp, 2 platinum ignots (300,000 gil), and 1 trapz (2M gil in value) in the past hour. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Note, my Sab crystal levels are maxed out for Fang and Vanille and I'm using the Bella Wand for Vanille which has improved debuffing.

My friend tried this after I showed him and he also got 1 plat and 1 trapz in around the same timespan, not to mention all the cp you gain as well. Definitely worth some time to invest if you ask me.
:D:D:D:D^_^

Jan 08, 12 at 10:24pm
esoterikos

I had no luck with Vanille on Adamantoises, finally ran back to Neochu and it worked the 2nd time, then I skipped Adamantoise and farmed the Adamantortoises. You don't have to take out the legs first, and you still get the Ingots.

Are you trying for the Treasure Hunter cheev? I still shudder at the memory, lol

Jan 08, 12 at 10:02pm
Twistedmcstumpy

I start with all buffs and even when he has all debuffs it never works, and I beat the game so I have pretty high magic and what not