Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon HeartGold Version » Whitch Pokemon to Soft Reset for: Shiny Starter or Shiny Ho-Oh? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Hey! Want advice/feedback on your Pokemon team? All "rate my team" threads belong in the Strategy forum!

hideOriginal Post

Mar 06, 10 at 9:41pmFu

Though I'll do both, I'd SR for the shiny starter since I'll use him/her for a longer time.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 10, 15 at 7:14pm

Soft reset for the starter. Shiny Ho-Oh is a beast and all and I love its gold sprite, however if you are soft resetting in heart gold, I'd go with the starter. The thing with starters in this game is that you do not have to pick a starter to see if it is shiny. You can look at the overview to see if it shiny. That way, even if you are looking for a specific shiny starter, you could accidentally get another one. That way, even if you don't want that shiny, someone will trade for it. Also, it's faster then selecting it like other games which makes it more practical than breeding one if you aren't looking for stats.

Jan 16, 13 at 1:15pm

Neither, wait till you beat Red, then soft reset for shiny Charmander.

Also soft reset for shiny Rayquaza, its better than Ho Oh.

Nov 06, 12 at 3:58pm

Well i SR'd game twice and got a shiny chikorita. Easy. But shiny ho oh is extremely rare and u can get other extremely rares for trade

Nov 01, 10 at 11:38am

I don't like a lot of the shiny versions, and i tried that reseting but i did it maybe ten times and i i won't be doing that anymore...what i get is what i get...

Nov 01, 10 at 5:45am

I do care about shinies, but not enough just to SR for one. That's crazy.

Oct 31, 10 at 9:29pm
Millennium Master

You do know this thread is old right?

If I ever Soft Reseted, it would probably drive me crazy.

Oct 29, 10 at 8:30pm

quote coolduder7
im soft reseting for a shiny ho-oh right now i am 2110 resets whoop whoop
You are my hero.

I'm at 157 resets, I couldn't imagine that many.

Mar 30, 10 at 9:48pm

im soft reseting for a shiny ho-oh right now i am 2110 resets whoop whoop

Mar 08, 10 at 8:26pm
Re Re Relapse

If i really really wanted a Shiny Starter i wouldn't sit down and restart my game hundreds of times for it, i would just get an action replay and cheat for a level 5 starter and it wouldn't be limited to just this gen... it could be from any gen! The possibilities are endless

Mar 07, 10 at 10:59pm

Neither. If I wanted a shiny pokemon, I'll just clone one of the ones I already have, then trade for a different one.