Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » SSD \ Windows Question » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 25, 10 at 6:54am
Unknown08

Hey Smok3,

I just installed it as you would a typical hard drive. There are potential problems with alignment on the drive, and I don't know the technical details. Win 7 automatically takes care of this problem, and I believe Vista does as well.

I have a OCZ vertex turbo (there was a rebate that made it virtually the same price as the regular vertex) and there are no firmware updates for it. There are firmware updates for the regular vertex though. OCZ has a good forum and you can find out more there about the alignment. If you are worried that your drive is underperforming there is a freeware benchmark out there that someone on the OCZ forums wrote. I believe it is called AS SSD benchmark. You can download it here: http://alex-is.de/PHP/fusion/downloads.php?cat_id=4

That benchmark program, in addition to showing you performance numbers, will tell you if there is an alignment problem.

Hope that helps. If not, let me know.

Jan 25, 10 at 5:37am
Smok3Dogg

What did you do to install the SSD?

Jan 25, 10 at 4:22am
Unknown08

You know, that crossed my mind. I usually run NIS 2009. On the Win 7 installation though I had never registered from the trial version so there was about a week or week and a half that I didn't have any virus protection up. I guess it is possible that it was a virus, but I don't remember opening any shady files.

I have a fresh install of Vista right now so if it is not something that can be changed with windows settings, then I guess I can just watch it and see if it happens again.

Jan 25, 10 at 4:12am
Zertz

Did you perhaps get a virus or something? Have you scanned you computer?

Jan 25, 10 at 3:20am
Unknown08

Hey all,

I have a 60Gb SSD that I use as my boot drive. I have only had it about a month. Until now I have been using Win 7, but I just switched back to Vista. I didn't really like 7. The problem I am having is that Windows basically keeps expanding until the drive is full, which becomes a problem because I have other programs that require a certain amount of free space that they use as temporary storage space, such as Photoshop CS4 and Newsrover (A usenet news reader).

I am the only user on this machine and my user folder has expanded to like 120,000 files and 38Gb. I cannot locate anywhere near that number of files through explorer though.

Does anyone know how I can remedy this issue?