Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Blue Screen » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 21, 10 at 3:25pmswk3000

I have a year-old Toshiba Satellite laptop. Up until yesterday, it ran fine. However, it now gives me a Blue Screen and shuts down Windows every time I turn it on. It keeps saying something about not recieving a clock interrupt within the allocated time interval. I tried reformatting using the discs that came with the thing, but that didn't work.

The only technical info it gives is the following line:

***STOP: 0x00000101 (0x00000061, 0x00000000, 0x803D1120, 0x00000001)

On the one occasion that thing got all the way to the Desktop, my Anti-Virus (Trend Micro) told me that the latest update had an issue, and it was using a previous update. I assumed it was fine, but got a Blue Screen about half an hour later. I'm assuming that it was looking for a file from Vista Service Pack 2 (which I never could get to install; the few times I tried, Windows had to remove it), but couldn't find it.

Is there anything I can do to get the thing working again, or am I in posession of a $500 pile of worthless plastic and metal? As it is, I'm typing this post out on my iPod Touch.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 20, 12 at 12:05am
belal omar

مرحبا

Dec 19, 12 at 11:56pm
BELAL OMAR

مرحبا يبدو وان المشكلة تقع على شيء واحد وهو المعالج فان المعالج لا يتوافق مع اللوحة الام وعند تشغيل اي برنامج وبالاخص برامج الصور ومحررات الصور مثل الفوتوشوب او اي لعبة وبدون مقدمة يظهر عداد وبعدها لوحة زرقاء لا تغلبي نفسك ووفري على حالك ثمن جهاز جديد شكرا

Jan 29, 10 at 10:03pm
bobbonew

Sounds like your CPU fried dude. Shitty luck.

Jan 29, 10 at 10:00pm
swk3000

I haven't messed with any of the BIOS settings because I don't know how to do so.

As it is, I'm probably just going to buy a new one. I've just come into nearly $500 dollars, so if I save for a few paychecks, then I will have enough to buy another laptop. I'd consider going with a Desktop, but I don't have room for a desk to place it on, so...

Jan 26, 10 at 2:51am
Unknown08

Just an idea, and it is no guarantee that it would fix anything, but if you can access the BIOS I would try resetting it to the default settings; it might help. I don't know how any BIOS settings would have gotten changed if you didn't touch them though.

The only other thing I can say is that I had a similar problem with a laptop a few years ago, and have since never purchased another one. A fan had died and something burned up. This was before I knew anything about computers though and the repair was going to be more costly than the value of the laptop, so I didn't go through with it.

Jan 25, 10 at 6:35pm
rand3ll

My pc has the same problem. I don't get a blue screen, it just resets itself though. I've been on many forums and asked many friends. I've been advised to change my RAM and also take out my graphics card and give it a good clean. I've done both, I've put old RAM into different slots, bought new RAM and everything. Still I have this problem. HELP!!!!!

Jan 25, 10 at 6:18pm
swk3000

How? My computer blue-screens before I can do anything.

Jan 23, 10 at 11:59pm
bphicks123

what are your specs?

try updating all of your drivers, that could be the problem

Jan 23, 10 at 8:10pm
swk3000

I don't even know how to overclock a computer.

Jan 23, 10 at 2:51pm
bphicks123

yea it does sound like a malfunctioning processor.

i don't think you can OC a toshiba, but if you did then thats the problem.