Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Anime » The World God Only Knows » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Enjoy yourself, and please read the rules for this forum~!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 22, 09 at 11:17pmWolfsbane

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (神のみぞ知るセカイ, lit. The World God Only Knows?), abbreviated as Kami nomi (神のみ?), is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Tamiki Wakaki. The manga has been serialized in the Weekly Shōnen Sunday magazine by Shogakukan since April 9, 2008, with individual chapters collected in six tankōbon volumes as of October 16, 2009. The prototype version of the story was first featured as a one-shot in the Weekly Shōnen Sunday magazine on its 2007 Issue 32 release, and was titled "Koishite!? Kami-sama!!" (恋して!? 神様?). As of December 16, 2009 (2009 -12-16), 79 chapters have been released in Japan.

Keima Katsuragi, a second-year high school student, is an avid dating sim gamer. He is known on the Internet as "The Capturing God" for his legendary skills to be able to "capture" any 2D girl in games. However, in his actual school life, Keima is known as otamegane (オタメガネ), a derogatory portmanteau of the two words otaku (オタク) and megane (メガネ-"glasses").

At the start of the series, Keima receives an e-mail offering him a contract to "capture" girls. He accepts what is thought to be a challenge, and a demon from Hell nicknamed Elsee appears. She asks for his cooperation to help her in catching the runaway spirits. These spirits hide themselves inside the hearts of girls, and Elsee suggests that the only method to force the spirits out is by "capturing" their hearts—making them fall in love with Keima. Appalled by the idea, Keima refuses after clarifying to Elsee that he is only interested in "capturing" 2D girls and that he detests reality. Nevertheless, with the contract already accepted, Keima would have to help Elsee no matter what; if they fail, both Elsee and Keima would lose their heads.

You may remember this manga as Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai for early readers of this. I've been following it for a while, and noticed that this forum doesn't have this manga in the thread index. Quite a transgression! This manga provides a unique and fantastic storyline that revolutionizes the romance-comedy manga genre, and I higly suggest all manga readers go and check out a few chapters of this.

Anyone else read it? Thoughts? Comments?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 02, 14 at 10:28am
Moonset

Oh I still enjoy it, but it is obvious how bad it is in terms of story and cliche-ness. Still fun though, I just hope Wakaki-san comes out with something new soon and that it's actually good.

May 02, 14 at 9:27am
MegaBassMan

I'm actually enjoying Nisekoi, but some elements in it are overkill.
But I'm probably the only one actually enjoying Nisekoi. ):

But yeah, I'm quickly running out of series to read. I'm resorting to finished manga like Kimi no Iru Machi and GE: Good Ending to satisfy me while I wait. Even though I finished both fairly recently.

May 02, 14 at 9:13am
Moonset

quote Mastix
I actually feel like that was a pretty awesome ending. I didn't have any remaining questions, and it took a stance. Like, yeah he didn't pick the girl I wanted, but he picked the one that made sense. I feel resolution occurred and one of my favorite Manga has ended with dignity without overstaying its welcome. I loved this manga. But with its end, ends pretty much the last of my long running series besides the big three and God damn Nisekoi, which is shit. I need new material, and none will fill this void. I loved this manga.
Nisekoi: It's terrible, but I'm reading it anyways.

Seriously, all of my mangas are done. Now I'm only reading Nisekoi and Hayate No Gotoku and some other small ones on the side.

May 02, 14 at 7:07am
MegaBassMan

Apr 20, 14 at 10:56pm
Child of Death and D

My vote was either Elsie or Tenri. I was hoping some more development of Haqua would develop but noooope.

Apr 19, 14 at 11:36am
Mastix

quote Fatherbrain30
Who did you want?
Ayumi fan from day one.

Apr 19, 14 at 11:00am
Fatherbrain30

Who did you want?

Apr 19, 14 at 10:43am
Mastix

I actually feel like that was a pretty awesome ending. I didn't have any remaining questions, and it took a stance. Like, yeah he didn't pick the girl I wanted, but he picked the one that made sense. I feel resolution occurred and one of my favorite Manga has ended with dignity without overstaying its welcome. I loved this manga. But with its end, ends pretty much the last of my long running series besides the big three and God damn Nisekoi, which is shit. I need new material, and none will fill this void. I loved this manga.

Apr 18, 14 at 7:05pm
Child of Death and D

WELL WHAT AM I GOING TO READ NOW

Apr 18, 14 at 5:33pm
Fatherbrain30

quote Moonset
Kanon

I gotta admit, that was pretty cold, even for him. But