Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: Enjoy yourself, and please read the rules for this forum~!

hideOriginal Post

Dec 22, 09 at 11:17pmWolfsbane

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (神のみぞ知るセカイ, lit. The World God Only Knows?), abbreviated as Kami nomi (神のみ?), is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Tamiki Wakaki. The manga has been serialized in the Weekly Shōnen Sunday magazine by Shogakukan since April 9, 2008, with individual chapters collected in six tankōbon volumes as of October 16, 2009. The prototype version of the story was first featured as a one-shot in the Weekly Shōnen Sunday magazine on its 2007 Issue 32 release, and was titled "Koishite!? Kami-sama!!" (恋して!? 神様?). As of December 16, 2009 (2009 -12-16), 79 chapters have been released in Japan.

Keima Katsuragi, a second-year high school student, is an avid dating sim gamer. He is known on the Internet as "The Capturing God" for his legendary skills to be able to "capture" any 2D girl in games. However, in his actual school life, Keima is known as otamegane (オタメガネ), a derogatory portmanteau of the two words otaku (オタク) and megane (メガネ-"glasses").

At the start of the series, Keima receives an e-mail offering him a contract to "capture" girls. He accepts what is thought to be a challenge, and a demon from Hell nicknamed Elsee appears. She asks for his cooperation to help her in catching the runaway spirits. These spirits hide themselves inside the hearts of girls, and Elsee suggests that the only method to force the spirits out is by "capturing" their hearts—making them fall in love with Keima. Appalled by the idea, Keima refuses after clarifying to Elsee that he is only interested in "capturing" 2D girls and that he detests reality. Nevertheless, with the contract already accepted, Keima would have to help Elsee no matter what; if they fail, both Elsee and Keima would lose their heads.

You may remember this manga as Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai for early readers of this. I've been following it for a while, and noticed that this forum doesn't have this manga in the thread index. Quite a transgression! This manga provides a unique and fantastic storyline that revolutionizes the romance-comedy manga genre, and I higly suggest all manga readers go and check out a few chapters of this.

Anyone else read it? Thoughts? Comments?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 18, 14 at 11:28am
Fatherbrain30

It's over, time to go home.

Apr 18, 14 at 11:23am
Moonset

I can not say I am particularly pleased about this ending, but I guess it's about what I expected.

Apr 15, 14 at 9:36pm
Fatal Error

I'm sad, all the mangas I read are ending at the same time and I have nothing to fill the void!

Apr 14, 14 at 12:20am
Mastix

quote Child of Death and D

This message was merged with other messages by Mastix (moderator)

Apr 13, 14 at 12:59am
Child of Death and D

Apr 12, 14 at 11:44pm
Mastix

quote Fatherbrain30

Apr 12, 14 at 8:34pm
Child of Death and D

Some part of me says this chapter reflects the mangaka's view on love

Apr 11, 14 at 10:08pm
Fatherbrain30

Apr 07, 14 at 11:55pm
Mastix

*ahem*

IT WAS ELSIE ALL ALONG.

Fire trucks guys. They're symbolic. They always foreshadowed this development. Anyhow, what a chapter. Heil Keima.

Apr 06, 14 at 7:03pm
Fatherbrain30

Almost.

Also, that *bleep*ing Elsie.