Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands » Best Solo Characters? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1

hideOriginal Post

Dec 15, 09 at 9:43pmZeke7777

I was wondering what is the best character to choose for soloing, I'm getting this game for x-mas I hope.

btw, how many guns are there, I read 17mil+

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 28, 13 at 10:12am
harhis23

Roland is undoubtedly good, but how's the others compared to him? Also, which skills would you add for each for purely solo play?

Jan 28, 13 at 9:06am
METROIDKILLER12

quote HunterKiller666
Berserk will start to suck around mid-game. Enemies are simply too strong for you to melee without getting gang raped half of the time. And even if you manage to beat the game once, best of luck advancing on playthrough 2. As for weapons, you have the freedom to specialize any of the character with any given weapon so it is definitely doable to build Brick into a sniper, but he will never be able to utilize the sniper rifle to its full potential. The two weapon types that Brick's skillset is designed for are Shotgun and Rocket Launcher with the first lacking the range and DPS whereas the latter just blows in a big way. He's fun to play with in the beginning but things can get frustrating quickly unless you build him into a long-range fighter, which doesn't really fit with his playstyle.
I kicked ass through the entire game to playthrough 2.5 and beyond.

Jan 28, 13 at 8:59am
METROIDKILLER12

Brick is the best all around character because of his hardened and die hard skill plus the extra sheild skill and then there is the ability to regen health when you use his action skill also he is quite good with shotguns and revolvers I leveled him up to 50 something the best revolver to use is the pestelent defiler I have two of them. I found him amazingly good with a purple centurion class mod. Roland is quite useless unless you're playing with one or more people I find the turret stupid and useless unless you want to be behind cover a lot then use brick or mordeci he's mildly overpowered if you upgrade him right. Lilith is alright not too bad but her action skill could have been better unless you have good items for her from a previous game she is weaker than mordeci.

Jan 13, 13 at 12:00pm
logan927

Lilith because she can boat fire rate by a lot and elementle weapons bad ass

Jan 03, 13 at 5:54pm
anubisisusallymytag

i just beat the game with the siren mostly one shoting enemies with an amped up two shot fire revolver that sometimes dosent auto reload and sometimes fires 4 shots be for realoding. great first toon in my opinion. phasewalk takes out most enemies in a mater of moments with phenix radience and corrosive upgrades

Nov 11, 12 at 12:18pm
MaoMeow

It's really all about your playing style. I played as all of the characters. I found Maya's skill very difficult to use. Moredecai was good, but it was hard to make bloodwing a beast. Brick isnt too good, that is something you need to look into. I used Roland, and beat both playthroughs. His turret can be like having one or even two extra men on the field. also, I generally suck at fps, and since Roland is essentially the easiest character I use him,

Nov 09, 12 at 12:06pm
Bob007

I agree with some others.
I'm playing my first time as Roland and the Turret is very usefull
Also I like his comments more than that lauching woman lol
The rest of the characters, I still need to test.

Bob

Sep 18, 12 at 10:51am
dyeriuss

mordicai

i find that in a group i can kill more poeople as mordicai before anyoen can even start shooting

Sep 06, 12 at 9:21pm
Jaggy

Ahhhhhh googly gaggle

Jul 03, 12 at 10:05am
Devonisepiclycool

i would think brick would be the best for fighting bosses because in the beginning he seems terrible but when yo start to fight a boss he comes in handy