Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Music » Last.fm- Your Own Personal Music Stalker [II] » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Dec 15, 09 at 5:21pmVulcanRaven

Continue on with last.fm discussions here.

quote Octarine Skye
I know I posted this in Loungin', but it's also very appropriate here. So if the mods would be nice enough to keep it open (as there was no group for Neoseeker on the site before i amde one I'm guessing this hasn't been done here before) that would be lovely. Anyway, the rest of this is quoted from the Loungin' thread:

Well, I've been using this service for a while now and I figure it's time I told all you about it.

Last.fm is a music website. But that's a bare minimum description of what it is. Available on the site are plugins for your favourite media player, whether that be Winamp, WMP, iTunes, or any of the other popular ones. Registering with last.fm and installing the plugin will will record the music you listen to and create all kinds of stats sheets on your listening habits. To demonstrate, here's mine.

Not only will last.fm track the music you listen to (which on its own is only quite interesting), it will also throw out suggestions on what you might like, based on what you listen to. It'll name people with similar tastes to you. Which is all rather spiffy. And of course you can show off your music tastes to other people like I just did.

The last thing I'm going to point out is that it allows you to create groups, which let you share your tastes with a group of other people. I've created a Neoseeker Group* for all you Neoseekians. When the group gets over 15 people (easily done) the site generates statistics on what the group listens to most, how old the average group member is and where they come from, and loads of other stuff too. There's also a small group board for recommending music to others.

So go on then! Get joining! It's great!

*Disclaimer note: neoseeker has nothing to do with last.fm and no content on the site is anything to do with anyone who does anything for neoseeker, don't come complaining to the mods if someone recommends a song with a swear in the title or anything like that.
On a side note, I finally started scrobbling some music for the first time since... ever.

Directory of Neoseekers on last.fm

Arcaida
Aussie27Legend
BANDITOATTACK
bobbonew
Chimaira
ChinoWhelan
Death talon
Duncan Idaho
Emoliciousnot
EnvoyOfDarkness
estrx
EricF
Euphoric
Excellence
FortePenance
George2
Golden Miru warrior
Imperial Cereal
Irish Gamer
Jyarra
KeatonXZX
Kiker
Krazyboys
Kuhn
Kuja
Lone Warrior
marc_k
Matty
Mocking Alvin
Natman4
Octarine Skye
Pidgey Milkplus
Saint someone
screamingabdabs
Speroni1
The Dave
TheBroad
The Sombrero
Toby
Toonami
toon_lad1990
Tyranitar24
Vector
VulcanRaven
Wilhelm Ryan
Whelan
Xaldin
Zeta
Zhou Tai Rocks

Last = TheBroad
[color=#eef0f9]

[size=1][color=#666666]This message was edited by EricF(247959) on 2012-05-16T12:02:09-07:00.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 29, 14 at 10:11pm
Amsey

Gotenks bugged me to bump this back up. For once, I am listening to what he tells me to do.

My last.fm is ALKjaer if anyone wants to stalk my music.

Jan 17, 14 at 5:20pm
Child of Death and D

Thought you guys might be interested in a list of the 730 indi-est bands in the world.

quote orion chuzzlewitt
Anyone done the super-eclectic test? Bit pissed I was only 19 away from the 'cool' threshold of 700+. Time to listen to some Mongolian jazz fusion.
845/1000

Waaaay higher than I thought it should be.

Jan 17, 14 at 3:12pm
BANDITO ATTACK

banditoattack's super-eclectic score is 848/1000

that's down 1.5% from last year. i'm slowly un-learning how to listen to different music.

Jan 17, 14 at 4:19am
nathan

this is ok with me.

Nov 22, 13 at 11:39am
orion chuzzlewitt

Wheeeeeeey I'm up to 707.

Oct 20, 13 at 3:34pm
windowlicker

Looks like I've gone up to 717 since before. Yay.

Oct 19, 13 at 5:55am
nathan

7 months late but...

524/1000. not even mad.

May 13, 13 at 3:55pm
EricF

My Toshiba recently crashed and has a hardware issue, so therefore I had to use my dad's laptop temporarily until I can sort out my own one. Luckily, I have an external hard drive which has all of my music on it. So I created an account on the new laptop, resynced all the tracks on my iPod (because, annoyingly, it recognises them now as different files on a new computer).

Anyway, the big issue now is the scrobbler. I've got the latest version of iTunes and the latest scrobbler and an iPod Classic 160GB but the Last.fm Scrobbler will not pick up any of my iPod plays - even though they appear in my iTunes' "recently played" playlist. I have tried reinstalling the app, resetting my iPod, manually managing my iPod and automatically, and even tried removing my user account and re-adding it.

I can also confirm that I never had any issues scrobbling my iPod on my own laptop with the same versions of iTunes and the Last.fm Scrobbler as well as the same iPod. What I think it might be is that Last.fm still thinks this iPod is connected to my other laptop, but obviously since it's broken I'm unable to go into it and remove my user account on that one - this could be a wild guess however.

If anyone could help me out, I'd really really appreciate it as 90% of my scrobbles come from my iPod.
Copy and pasting what I wrote in a Last.fm forum. Dunno if any of you could help me out, but I'd appreciate it if you could.

Mar 20, 13 at 10:35pm
Dragonfist

601/100

Not too bad. I do listen to a lot of similar-sounding rock, but I suppose the sprinkling of rap and EDM music brought it up a bit. I'm satisfied.

Mar 20, 13 at 5:16pm
Wilhelm Ryan

649/1000

Eh, I was expecting about that I s'pose.