Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands » How did YOU take down Mothrakk? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1

hideOriginal Post

Nov 02, 09 at 5:19pm

So we already have the Skagzilla thread but that to me was a pretty easy fight. Takes a while but you just jump around in circles and you're fine.

The real fight in the world of not-so-subtlely-named-for-Japanese-monster fights is Mothrakk! I died multiple times barely making a dent in his life before I took the easy way out and hid under the carport. So far this "glitch" seems to be the only reliable way to take this guy down. I've read in other forums about people using machine gun buggys and just driving around while shooting at it but it takes 45 mins or more that way. Has anyone been successful against him or is the carport strategy your only option?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 29, 13 at 2:54pm
budgiemiester

I found that elemental weapons were almost useless against him. Using the vehicle with auto lock was the most efficient strategy if I was a lower level.

Jan 28, 13 at 10:23am
harhis23

I go down the hill from the fire and go to the car garage and hide under the roof of the building, when the flame balls are dropping they don't hurt you under there and then when there done poke your head out and blast away at her until she comes back then rinse and repeat.

Nov 09, 12 at 12:43pm
Bob007

Like a moth on a flame.

When I've activated all 3 torches, I've runned to my scooter.
Then I drove to the main street. At the main street, I did turn left
(Like you go for the next world part, with a claptrap before the closed gate)

While going into that direction, I was looking to the left side of the road.
There's a small bridge or something to a bandid-camp on a mountain.
Before the bridge, there's a HUT on you're left side.

Good place to hide, when this moth drops his/her bombs.
When she's away, I use my sniper to hit her again.
She flies a little around in circles and then she comes.
In the mean-time, I've changed from weapons, to attack her with a speedy gun or so.
When she's getting to close, I run into the "HUT' and waited till her bomb attacks are over.

It's a repeating job that can take a while and some bullets,
but the job will be done. With that money, you can buy bullets

Sep 10, 12 at 11:54am
HunterKiller666

What I do everytime is drive to the carshack just down the road and then shoot it with a long range weapon. As soon as it gets close and starts dropping loads on me I go back under the roof, which completely protects me. Then I go back out and shoot again and repeat the process until it's dead. Pretty annoying fight if you ask me.

Sep 10, 12 at 7:10am
MattHoy87

I parked the car, shot til I got its attention then sent out bloodwing and when it started shooting fire I jumped in the car and hit the turbo til I was down the road. Itll ignore you if you leave but doesn't regenerate health so I just repeated it til bloodwing killed it

Jul 11, 12 at 10:29am
GLaDTheresCake

I just got on the ledge on top and sniped him untill he got close to go phasewalking untill he reset.
(Lillith is soooo op).

Oct 05, 11 at 12:12am
brandonio

All I did was run around it and keep shooting it with my machine gun. I was with another player(Online) and he was doing the same. Although he died, so I killed the mother Rakk. It was a pretty easy boss to be honest. Sledge was the hardest imo.

Oct 04, 11 at 1:23am
Lupirio

All I did was take a machine gun runner (I used to like rockets but tracking moving targets get the better of ya) locked on and slowly drove away with secondary held, killed it in just over a minute.

Oct 02, 11 at 7:34pm
jeremymathews

I drove to the ramp where you had to jump piss wash and drove to the top, got out sniped a couple times and when i seen Mothrakk coming jumped into the runner and fired until i seen her shooting fireballs, drove up and down the ramp missing the fire balls, and as she was leaving fired upon her again, this caused her to come back...after about ten minutes of this I succeeded in killing her.

May 31, 11 at 5:00pm
xXPhoeniXx

i was lvl . 24 and really pissed because it has beaten me

5 times before lol

so i have hosted a online game and me and a lvl. 34 gamer shot crap

out of this thing:D