Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon HeartGold Version » Trainer Card Contest I - Pokemon Heart Gold Forum! Theme; Psychic! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Hey! Want advice/feedback on your Pokemon team? All "rate my team" threads belong in the Strategy forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Oct 28, 09 at 12:48pmOrigin

Welcome to the Pokemon HeartGold forum Trainer Card Contest!
(A contest for all members, veterans to newbies to test their skill, developing and developed, in the art of trainer cards!)

The Trainer Card Contests in the Pokemon forums have been overwhelming successful, and in every forum of a new game there has always been one. Of course, with Avalith's permission, there had to be one in HeartGold, and I hope like all the other contests this one sees the same result.

Some general guidelines to start you off;
  1. There are two types of rounds, regular rounds are where the judge of the round sets a theme and anyone may enter a Trainers Card that follows the set theme and tournament rounds are special tournaments of selected members who apply, and will be explained more when one comes around.
  2. Try not to edit your posts that have your entries for the round! If you do so, and we see your card has changed, you may be disqualified!
  3. One card per round, only your first will be accepted and you may get penalized if you breach this rule.
  4. No stealing other peoples work, if you do, you will get heavily punished, and possibly a ban.
  5. Do not post random cards in this thread. Your post will get deleted if you do so.
  6. Obviously you must follow all of Neoseekers Forums Wide Rules, and this forums' specific rules. Failure to do so could lead to Moderator level punishment.
  7. Remember, have fun! This contest is for your enjoyment and participation, and discussion on the topics and rounds is also always welcome.
How to make a trainer card - resources;

These are two tutorials that should help you out when creating your cards;

TC Tutorial
Background Tutorial

Judges;

For the rounds to work, we obviously need judges. A judge will set a theme at the start of the round, with a deadline, and at the end of the deadline will gather up all the entries, grade them, then collaborate the entries and grades in a post. The next round will be posted up afterward.

At the moment Origin is the only judge, but as the contest continues and grows another(s) will become a part of the team.

Scoring/Scoreboard:

The Trainer Cards will be graded from A-F, pluses and minuses are included in this. F- is the lowest score, with A+ being the highest. 1st receives 3 points, 2nd 2 points, and third 1 point.

Scoreboard:

Fourthbeat - 3 points
E4 MortY - 2 points
Isilwen - 1 point

Current Round:

Next theme!

Type theme - Psychic; your card must revolver around the Psychic type.

Judge: Origin

(Note; this post will be formatted later on to be a bit more aesthetically appealing.)

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 24, 10 at 6:22pm
Cloud Me

First one ever, went pretty good. =D Besides the the feet of the bottom right pokemon.

Feb 24, 10 at 1:57pm
Isilwen

I think you should just judge Origin. The round has been going on for over a month now, I think if more people were going to enter they would have by now. Maybe a new round will attract more participation. Time to wrap this one up and start a new theme =]

Feb 24, 10 at 12:00pm
Origin

I asked a bunch of people to enter, but no luck so far.

Feb 17, 10 at 9:38pm
Slowpoke360

quote ShinyMilotic

Lol old-school. Spelt Psychic wrong when I made it but meh.
you have a slowbro=automatic win

quote Origin
In other news..

The Trainer Card and Spriting Awards are back!
Everyone should check out the thread and participate, you never know, you guys could win an award or two!
yayz ill try

Feb 16, 10 at 9:25am
Origin

Not much else I can do, I'll judge tomorrow. Guess we'll have to wait for the forum activity burst till we get more entries per round.

Feb 08, 10 at 5:16pm
Samkuro

So I just set the new theme in the Platinum TC Contest after the lack of interest in a pairs round, hopefully this will get people interested, the new theme is a Valentines Round. To find out more there is full information on the theme in the second post.

Jan 30, 10 at 3:42am
FourthBeat

Hey everyone! Samkuro and I are running a group/partner round to kickstart the Pokemon Platinum Trainer Card Contest again. Click here to check it out!!

Jan 26, 10 at 4:00am
Origin

Come on guys, we need some more entries!

Jan 19, 10 at 5:09am
Ripulse

I guess I'll enter an old card?...

I think when I made this I was playing around with the backgrounds too much, lol. And I think I was also playing around with irony when I put in the badges.

Jan 18, 10 at 11:27am
ShinyMilotic

Lol old-school. Spelt Psychic wrong when I made it but meh.