Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » XFX HD 5870 Review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 28, 09 at 10:02amkspiess

Egads! The HD 5870's just keep on coming:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 14, 09 at 4:20pm
dvrocc

I think the HD 5870 is a gold mine waiting to be unlocked and will spring to life once the still young DX11 is truly out with optimizations right now though it seems the Geforce 295 is still slapping the Radeons around of the same level in performance.

The year is nearly up and I hope the graphics areas goes out with a bang, it has been a long while since nVidia and Radeon got a good slapping session going like in 2002 when the Geforce Ti series was top dog then one day the Radeon 9700 pro popped up and everything changed after that.

Oct 29, 09 at 11:54am
hiigaran

yeah but to get high accuracy readings youd need to run it for at least three days non stop or time intervals that are the same for every rig. if someone has the patience for that then sure, why not? but you need to run it for this log to determine the 24 hour average points.

Oct 29, 09 at 8:18am
Shadow of Death

Actually, seeing as people keep mentioning folding, it might be a good idea. It can't take THAT long to determine how well a GPU folds? Unless each work unit you get is different from others, as far as how much work it'd take to complete.

Oct 28, 09 at 4:57pm
hiigaran

yeah you know what? the reviews should have a points per day as another measure of performance

seriously though...

Oct 28, 09 at 4:22pm
courgan

it outgames my gtx260,but how well does it fold?

Oct 28, 09 at 3:56pm
Shadow of Death

It's pretty good. Beaten only by top of the lines from either competitor, for the last gen.

It seems consistently getting around 2nd or 3rd in performance for the most part. A very good spot really.

Well, it's a bit pricey, but c'mon, DX11 eh?

Was that 'a bit under $400' the Canadian price point?

Oct 28, 09 at 10:02am
kspiess

Egads! The HD 5870's just keep on coming: