Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon HeartGold Version » New way of IV breeding! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Hey! Want advice/feedback on your Pokemon team? All "rate my team" threads belong in the Strategy forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Oct 27, 09 at 11:59amShapeshifter

Basically, it works like this:
(in my own words)

If a parent has 31 speed IVs and you want to pass it on to the baby, you give the parent a Power Anklet (the power item for speed) and the baby will DEFINITELY get the 31 IVs in speed.
Sadly, if they are holding a power item, the mother cant hold an everstone, so the 50% chance of getting the mothers nature is gone.

Source: Serebii
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/breeding.shtml

Seems really cool to me.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 27, 11 at 10:07pm
GaaabeM

Hey, what if you give the male the power item, and you give the female the everstone? Wouldn't that give you 31 IVs in one stat and still be able to get the nature you want?

Feb 19, 11 at 9:07pm
shad0wslayr007

I believe the other dude is right, Ive been trying for a while to pass on 2 maxed IV's from the parents to the egg with power items and it just isnt working. If it does work, whats the trick?

And evans, I have a perfect 31 across ditto. It does NOT work. trust me. 115 charmanders later. still working on getting just 2 stats i want from the parents.

Aug 08, 10 at 8:20pm
Heartlessmac

quote guest tony
Just an FYI, serebii and many other sites are wrong about the IV passing thing. You can only guarantee one IV gets passed, even if you have a power item on each parent. If you don't believe me, try it yourself and see.
WHY did you revive this thread? Theres no point in it. Everybody knows already....*sigh* Guests shouldnt be allowed to post on threads after the 2nd or 3rd page.

Aug 08, 10 at 3:18pm
Evan5567

so, if you had a perfect iv ditto is there a way to pass on all the iv's ?

Aug 08, 10 at 2:13pm
Applepious

What's up with all the thread necroers these past couple days...

Aug 08, 10 at 2:06pm
guest tony

Just an FYI, serebii and many other sites are wrong about the IV passing thing. You can only guarantee one IV gets passed, even if you have a power item on each parent. If you don't believe me, try it yourself and see.

Nov 27, 09 at 7:24pm
Jyarra

quote Reenee
Game Freak has already confirmed they're working on a new style of gameplay that's action-oriented.
WTF? They're leaving the incredibly-dated but incredibly-loved by me turn-based system behind? Waaaaaat.

EDIT: Also, link or something?

Nov 27, 09 at 9:57am
Dramon Knight

Yeah, I read about this the other day on Serebii. Pretty cool idea, and very convenient too.

Nov 27, 09 at 5:49am
Reenee

Game Freak has already confirmed they're working on a new style of gameplay that's action-oriented.

Nov 27, 09 at 2:56am
Jyarra

I'm well aware of the existence of clients like Shoddybattle, but I'm sure Nintendo could make a spiffy version of that with some nice graphics (well, for their system, anyway) and maybe some other resources that would make the whole experience a tad more exciting. Not to mention that theirs would have far more users than a virtually unknown web java applet.

Actually, now that I think about it, there would be absolutely no regulation on what you can and can't use as far as Pokemon go, so them making the game would probably make me angrier than them not making the game.

The Pokemon "storyline" is paper-thin. Based only on storyline I certainly wouldn't keep an interest in the series.

Compared to Pokesav/Shoddy team creation, proper in-game training simply becomes a tedious obstacle in the way of battling.