Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands » How Did YOU Take Down Skagzilla? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1

hideOriginal Post

Oct 25, 09 at 11:10pmMcClubbin

I think Skagzilla had to be one of the more epic battles in the game (if you aren't over-leveled of course) due to his HP and defense. Although, I didn't end up dying on him, it definitely did take me a while before I killed the sucker. I initially went about using Bloodwing and stickying him with grenades until I ran out. Then I switched over to my rocket launcher until I depleted all 40 of my rockets. By this point I'd barely managed to shave off half his health. Though my shields kept absorbing the damage I was pretty much out options to in terms of weapons until I realized I had Sledge's Shotgun sitting in my inventory.

So how did you guys take him down?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 04, 14 at 8:26am
Crazy Person

I played as the siren, I used fire weapons on him when he wasn't looking at me, and my shotgun (which fired fast, and was stronger than Sledge's unique shotgun) when he opened his mouth, I usually just ran around doing this technique, and using the phasewalk to ignore his harder to dodge attacks. This process took me no longer than maybe 2 minutes.

Aug 13, 13 at 5:53am
PepermintPattie

My boyfriend and I played together, so we did it together. Levelled up to 19 each, he deployed his Sentry, I upgraded my ammo... it was golden, baby. Took five minutes at the absolute most. We both just stood in opposite areas of the pen and stuck the Sentry between us. That way Skagzilla had three targets to choose from and he kept running between us. We lost no health at all. Haha.

Jun 09, 13 at 1:13pm
Sanscrit

For me one of the easier boss fights so far. I just kited him around his little arena taking pot shots until I realized he screws himself over by his solarbeam attack, as it fires straight ahead , but you can get at least 2 crits with a high powered sniper if you stay at around a 45 degree angle. However, I would have a sustainable way of getting health, like the Out For Blood skill.

Jan 28, 13 at 10:16am
harhis23

The main chance to do damage is when it stops and begins to shoot out energy. Simply avoid being killed by it then shoot it a few times in the mouth for critical damage while you know that it is not going to be moving and eventually you will wear down this giant skag.

Jan 20, 13 at 10:03pm
Jister

When I faced it I was around lvl25 and I just sprayed it with the Thanatos when it opened its mouth, and usually I just used corrosive elemental weapons on the skagzilla alot. And I mean it.

Jan 19, 13 at 9:14pm
Kurt13

I baited skagzilla let him kill me and went over the bridge and waited at the entrance slag waited there while I stood on the bridge shooting him without taking any damage

Nov 19, 12 at 8:38am
Rocket212

...I took it down with sledges shotgun.. 40 critical shots and it died...wasn't that hard although when I first saw it I thought there was no way I'd be able to kill it.

Nov 09, 12 at 12:10pm
Bob007

My first time, I was dead in seconds.
The second time, i've used my turret (Roland) to get his attention.
Then he comes to the turret. At the same time, I was getting to his back
and shooted like hell, on his weaker spot.

This tactic did help me a lot. It was only a matter of time before he died.

Ow yes, and I was also running & jumping fast from left to right,
to get my shield back up, while sometimes trying to shoot in his mouth or his weaker body-parts.

When he runned and jumped into the air, I was already trying to figure-out, where he will be landed on the ground.
So that I know in witch direction I needed to jump, to avoid him.

Sep 11, 12 at 11:34pm
Man-of-steel

Actually easier than I thought. I beat him alone as a level 20 hunter. Basically just used Sledge's shotgun to the mouth once or twice for some critical hits, ran around in circles till either my shields recharged or he opened his mouth again.

Mar 15, 12 at 11:12am
N.J

i finished pretty quickly and without dying just running around and shooting him with sledge´s shotgun..