Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » PC Games and Steam » Neoseeker reviews Risen » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Neoseeker does not support warez of any kind. Any request for CD keys will be deleted or closed on sight, regardless of the situation. Thank you
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 25, 09 at 2:45amchautemoc

Today I give my impressions on Piranha Bytes PC (and soon Xbox 360) RPG Risen. The game is a sequel (but not in name) to the classic Gothic series. If you're at all interested in RPGs, check out the review!

Don't forget there's a demo, too, if it's something you think you wanna pick up. Lastly I have a gallery up right here.

Risen (PC) Review

Risen (PC) Review

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 26, 09 at 10:02pm
Havenssong

quote chautemoc
My nerddom kicked in and I checked out the Amazon.de page for the collector's edition of the game. I translated it and it says it includes a beta code for their next title. So...there is more PB to look forward to already!

You're referring to Arcania: A Gothic Tale (made by Spellbound). I've thought the same -- Risen is a Gothic game...they've got so much of the series in it I have to wonder what Spellbound has left to work with. And the game's been cooking for a long time now with little to show for it...I could see it being canceled even, particularly if Risen does well. I do hope it turns out to be a good game, though, then we get two Gothics, or at least two great RPGs.
The collector Edition is out there? Yay And with nice stuff like that? Ok My Precious, my precious Get ya ^^
Arcania...hmmm. For all i new now is, that the trailer doesn't look bad (good visualisations and interesting landscape), but i read that they took a lot parts from online RPG fighting systems (like WoW for example) and also the display look on the normal charakter screen from those games. Well, and some other things, which, in my opinion, have nothing to do with Gothic or an normal RPG and that is why they have no right to be there. In any case it can be a reason why i mabye dont like it nevertheless. I'm also afraid without PB they maybe forgot to put some nice gimmicks in and some fun into all those discussions with the NPCs and all those little things that made Gothic to what it was... So I'd rather trust PB and get myself this little masterpeace. Well maybe there are a view bugs left, but that has never destroyed the fun i have with all parts of the Gothic series and it never would if PB remains faithfull to itself.
But after all im not unintersted in Arcania. I like a lot RPGs, maybe Arcania could not be the Winner of this years price or so, but it may develop to a solid and good RPG if Jowood doesn't make the same mistake like with Forsaken Gods. Just producing for commerce and not producing quality. And ignoring the community after that... IF they will do that again, they really better cancel this thing as soon as possible (or they loose their face this time REALLY and better never produce a RPG again for the next 50 years...)

Anyway, thanx for the welcome ^^

EDIT: gotcha soon...Amazon my friend ^^

Oct 26, 09 at 6:33pm
Celes Leonhart

I have a debit card, I put a £200 cheque in on...Saturday I think, but I don't think it would have cashed in by tonight. I appreciate the thought though: thanks.

Oct 26, 09 at 5:02pm
chautemoc

It's still on for a bit. Don't you have a credit card? I'd buy it for you but deals don't work with the gifting system at the moment.

Oct 26, 09 at 11:44am
Celes Leonhart

quote chautemoc
You can buy them on GOG.
Oh, man, shoulda said earlier!

I guess I've missed the promotion, but if I haven't I don't think my cheque will have cashed yet

Thanks for your feedback Havenssong, I appreciate it. And what a whopping first post, welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it here.

Oct 25, 09 at 9:14pm
chautemoc

My nerddom kicked in and I checked out the Amazon.de page for the collector's edition of the game. I translated it and it says it includes a beta code for their next title. So...there is more PB to look forward to already!

You're referring to Arcania: A Gothic Tale (made by Spellbound). I've thought the same -- Risen is a Gothic game...they've got so much of the series in it I have to wonder what Spellbound has left to work with. And the game's been cooking for a long time now with little to show for it...I could see it being canceled even, particularly if Risen does well. I do hope it turns out to be a good game, though, then we get two Gothics, or at least two great RPGs.

Oct 25, 09 at 1:05pm
Havenssong

quote Celes Leonhart
I've never played Gothic but you've certainly sold this one to me, I'll definitely try out the demo when my Steam list hasn't seemingly recieved an update for every game. I'll also possibly look out for that Gothic, thanks!
Oh yes you should try
I played all parts an love the whole thing. I can't wait to play this new jewell of PB and I also would love to see more PB games in the future. No other game catches me so hard from its funny charakters, its beautifull landscape and small places with so much live and joy in it. It newer gets boring to dive in a Gothic part again and again and again
Try it, and soon you will be a dependent of Gothic too.

I'm just afraid of what Jowood does without his heads of intelligence with this so called "Tale of Gothic". I fear it will lose a lot... Lets hope they have learnd a bit from PB, eh

So long and have fun...

Oct 25, 09 at 9:58am
chautemoc

Did my job, then.
Thanks!

You can buy them on GOG.
Gothic 2 is on for $7 til Monday.
Once I finish my next two reviews, I hope to be able to complete them and then give myself a proper go with Risen. It's really not the kind of game that can be rushed. That and I meant to become a pure mage...that didn't work out.

I'm digging the tags, too.

Oct 25, 09 at 9:49am
Celes Leonhart

Awesome stuff man, great review. I've never played Gothic but you've certainly sold this one to me, I'll definitely try out the demo when my Steam list hasn't seemingly recieved an update for every game. I'll also possibly look out for that Gothic, thanks!

Small sidenote: you guys got a tag now, awesome.

Oct 25, 09 at 2:45am
chautemoc

Today I give my impressions on Piranha Bytes PC (and soon Xbox 360) RPG Risen. The game is a sequel (but not in name) to the classic Gothic series. If you're at all interested in RPGs, check out the review!

Don't forget there's a demo, too, if it's something you think you wanna pick up. Lastly I have a gallery up right here.