Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon HeartGold Version » Which starter Pokemon will you choose? (Gen. I, II & III) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Hey! Want advice/feedback on your Pokemon team? All "rate my team" threads belong in the Strategy forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Oct 20, 09 at 4:03amSuperslack_iz38

Being able to choose from between nine starter Pokemon can be difficult, well, maybe not so much for those of you with access to Nintendo Wi-Fi. Out of the nine Pokemon, which will you choose?

Remember, you only get to pick one from each generation. The others will have to be acquired via trading, or with the help of some very generous friends.

Here's a list of the Pokemon you are able to choose from:
  • Bulbasaur
  • Charmander
  • Squirtle
Obtained by visiting Professor Oak after obtaining all 16 Badges and defeating Red
  • Chikorita
  • Cyndaquil
  • Totodile
Your first Pokemon, provided by Professor Elm
  • Treecko
  • Torchic
  • Mudkip
Obtained by visiting Steven Stone, in the lobby of Silph Co., after defeating Red

... And don't forget to give reasons why!

I think I'm going to go with Cyndaquil (my starter from way back when, on Gold version), Bulbasaur (a personal fave), and either Mudkip or Torchic -depending on my team's weaknesses at time the offer is made available.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 30, 13 at 1:01am
flamer master

Charmander cyndaquil and torchic fire type have always been my fav and I have never realy had problem dealing w/ water types

Feb 10, 12 at 1:13am
milkshakepeopleunite

I went with totodile, squirtle, and mudkip. Mudkip cuz Swampert my fave non-legend. Squirtle cuz hes so cute. Totodile cuz Feraligatr is bad@$$. And, cuz the water type is amazing!

Feb 09, 12 at 10:23am
patientzero

I chose Cydaquil and Squirtle even though I'll get Bulbaasaur and Charmander too, but choosing between Cydaquil and Charmander is going to be tough with a slight advantage going to Charmander because of the dual type once he evolves into Charizard, but I'll stick with my original choice. I like Fire type pokemon, but I chose Squirtle because it's pointless having two fire types on the same team and the move set I give Squirtle/Blastoise ( Blizzard, Earthquake, Hydro Pump, Body Slam r.) are effective for many different situations and is simply a better all around pokemon than Charizard. As For the other 3 starters, I am not familiar with them so I cannot comment on them.

Dec 18, 10 at 12:29am
weirdalrulez

Gen I: I want to say Bulbasaur, but I already have one, so Charmander.
Gen II: Cyndaquil. Little badass porcupine won my heart at age 6.
Gen III: Mudkip all the way. Treecko was the first one I had, and he's awesome, don't get me wrong, but I remember kicking serious ass with Swampert.

Dec 17, 10 at 4:56pm
Eon80

I got Chikorita, Squirtle, and Treecko. Would've gotten Torchic instead of Treecko if I didn't already have a Blaziken on my main team.

Dec 17, 10 at 1:10am
Squiggle

Without a doubt I chose Squirtle, Cyndaquil and Torchic.

Dec 16, 10 at 10:38pm
Sengoku

Charmander, Totodile and Treecko.

If I had to choose only one Starter Pokemon, I would choose Totodile.

Dec 16, 10 at 9:16pm
Zonark13

I started with Totodile to help with those annoying rock types. ( Yeah I'm talkin' about you Geodude!)
Charmander is my favorite starter pokemon but I like all the gen 1 starters. ( No I will not evolve my charmander.)
I chose Treecko to get all 3 types. ( I regret that chose, I should have picked Torchic.)

May 25, 10 at 6:03pm
wikiachu66

Actually, I've used all starter pokemon and I think they're all awsome. Well, except for mudkip of course. He's soooooo hard to train in my opion . However, if I had to choose one, I'd choose Cyndaquil from Gen. II.

May 25, 10 at 5:13pm
Malzzzy

I think there should have been 4th gen starters too.