Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » MSI ms 7103 bios password help » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 12, 09 at 1:07amkiknbaknoc

i was given a computer with a bad harddrive, i put in a new one and i am trying to put windows on it and i cant get into the bios because it wants a password. can someone help me with this?? i am new to computers help please..

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 22, 13 at 1:42pm
PureOCJim

quote happyjhone
A. By Using the Motherboard Jumper:

In most motherboards CMOS battery is soldered, which makes it difficult to remove the battery. In this case we use another method.

Almost all motherboards contain a jumper that can clear all CMOS settings along with the BIOS password. The location of this jumper varies depending upon the motherboard brand. You should read your motherboard manual to check its location. If you don't have the manual then look for the jumpers near the CMOS battery. Most of the manufacturer label the jumper as CLR, CLEAR, CLEAR CMOS, etc.

When you find the jumper, look carefully. There will be 3 pins and the jumper will be joining the center pin to either left or right pin. What you need to do, is remove the jumper and join the center pin to the opposite pin. e.g. if the jumper joins center pin to left pin, then remove it and join center pin to right pin. Now wait for a few seconds and then again remove the jumper and join the center pin to left pin.

Make sure to turn the PC off before opening the cabinet and resetting the jumper.

B. By Using Software:

I have found that BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is a program that works instantly to remove any lost or forgotten BIOS/CMOS password. Simply boot your PC to DOS and execute the program, and get access to forgotten BIOS/CMOS passwords in just seconds

BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool Service: http://www.biospasswordrecovery.com/
Cmos batteries are not soldered. I think your referring to the cmos chip.

Jan 29, 13 at 11:40am
Ren of Heavens

Have you tried contacting MSI?

Jan 29, 13 at 6:00am
Thet Paing Phyo

I had forgot bios password for MSI GE 60 OND notebook. What can i do to delete bios password?

Oct 21, 09 at 6:32pm
hiigaran

cmos battery soldered? ive never seen that, and ive opened up a lot of computers. besides, soldering can cause serious problems on the batteries.

Oct 21, 09 at 12:58pm
happyjhone

A. By Using the Motherboard Jumper:

In most motherboards CMOS battery is soldered, which makes it difficult to remove the battery. In this case we use another method.

Almost all motherboards contain a jumper that can clear all CMOS settings along with the BIOS password. The location of this jumper varies depending upon the motherboard brand. You should read your motherboard manual to check its location. If you don't have the manual then look for the jumpers near the CMOS battery. Most of the manufacturer label the jumper as CLR, CLEAR, CLEAR CMOS, etc.

When you find the jumper, look carefully. There will be 3 pins and the jumper will be joining the center pin to either left or right pin. What you need to do, is remove the jumper and join the center pin to the opposite pin. e.g. if the jumper joins center pin to left pin, then remove it and join center pin to right pin. Now wait for a few seconds and then again remove the jumper and join the center pin to left pin.

Make sure to turn the PC off before opening the cabinet and resetting the jumper.

B. By Using Software:

I have found that BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is a program that works instantly to remove any lost or forgotten BIOS/CMOS password. Simply boot your PC to DOS and execute the program, and get access to forgotten BIOS/CMOS passwords in just seconds

BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool Service: http://www.biospasswordrecovery.com/

Oct 12, 09 at 3:20pm
hiigaran

disconnect the AC power. open up the computer and examine the motherboard. look for a coin shaped item. this is a battery, much like the ones that go into car sound system remotes. remove it. press the power button to discharge any electricity in the capacitors. wait 10 seconds, then put the battery back, and connect the AC power again. when you turn the computer on, it will say there was a CMOS error and that the default settings were restored. you can now go back into the bios.

Oct 12, 09 at 1:07am
kiknbaknoc

i was given a computer with a bad harddrive, i put in a new one and i am trying to put windows on it and i cant get into the bios because it wants a password. can someone help me with this?? i am new to computers help please..