Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » NZXT EVO case review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 09, 09 at 2:09amkspiess

Here's a review of a inexpensive case for today:

NZXT EVO Review

NZXT EVO Review

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 11, 09 at 12:16pm
hiigaran

well what i had in mind was just merging all the sockets into one, even if that means you have different sized squares all in one...if that makes sense.

meh, w/e. if it doesnt exist, it doesnt exist.

Oct 11, 09 at 10:07am
Player1

AsRock Used to manufacture a motherboard that supported both Intel and AMD CPU's. (I believe it might of been two versions from one company) I can't remember exactly, but there were two sockets on one board.

Oct 11, 09 at 9:27am
hiigaran

its a pity this stuff isnt standardised. i mean, imagine how much simple it would be for picking out hardware.

my god weve drifted way off topic.

Oct 11, 09 at 1:12am
Zertz

quote hiigaran
i mean, is it possible to have a socket 1336 support a 775 and/or AM2 if the right pins and layouts were available?
Not only the sockets are vastly different, but there are also technical reasons why this is not possible.

1366 use QPI
775 = FSB
AM2/+/3 = HT

Then you have different implementations of memory controllers... etc

So it's not going to happen

Oct 11, 09 at 1:07am
VeGiTAX2

It seems like we would need to find a chipset that would be generic enough to support both processors. The ASRock 939Dual supported the AM2 with very few structural changes from what I understand.

Unfortunately ASRock has given up the field from what I can tell

Oct 10, 09 at 2:57pm
hiigaran

yeah i can understand that. its a pity. it would be such a great idea.

just a quick side question though, apart from AMD motherboards supporting AM2 up to AM3, are the mobos with support for more than one type of cpu? i mean, is it possible to have a socket 1336 support a 775 and/or AM2 if the right pins and layouts were available?

Oct 09, 09 at 9:58pm
VeGiTAX2

The OEM market rarely does :/ generally these things go through a group / alliance and have established standards. It's why companies like shuttle are self-reliant for their products because they don't conform to design spec.

If I'm getting your point you would prefer all the cable ports out of the side instead of the front of them right? :/ for most companies it would push the wires against the sidepanel and obstruct them with a support rail.

It's one of those annoying things where it promotes better things but getting the masses to adopt it would be like pulling teeth.

Oct 09, 09 at 7:22pm
hiigaran

why would the standard need to change? most if not all cases have a small gap between the psu and the side of the case, so it would work. right?

Oct 09, 09 at 7:17pm
VeGiTAX2

They would have to change the industry standard for power supplies or create a new class :/ given that it's getting a bunch of grumbling competition under the same roof to agree on something I'd say the chances aren't so hot. Unfortunately while we see things like this relatively cheap, most OEM boxes and generic cases still use traditional form or even cages which would obstruct the cables.

Blargh, its a nice thought, heck even 90 degree connectors right out of the PSU sockets would be nice instead for some cases. (The P193 has the cable routing to the side and directly above the chamber)

Oct 09, 09 at 6:44pm
hiigaran

heres an idea i just thought of. if more and more cases allow you to have the power cables go behind the mobo to get them out of sight, then why not have the power cables from the psu positioned accordingly. instead of the front of the psu (where the cables currently come out from, why not have cables that are designed at 90 degrees, and come out from the side of the psu facing the motherboard side of the case? you wont ever see most of the cables right?