Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Tales of the Abyss » Playing multiplayer with 3 or more friends? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Apple Gel Colette Genis Kratos Lemon Gel Life Bottle Lloyd Melange Gel Milla Miracle Gel Orange Gel Pineapple Gel Presea Raine Sheena Zelos

hideOriginal Post

Oct 01, 09 at 3:09pmCheagleEatingBurupya

I'm going to a sleepover and bringing my PS2 with me, and we're all gonna play ToA together, but...is it harder with more than 2 players? Like is it confusing when people pause it during battles?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 27, 12 at 1:59pm
Keera

PS2's only have a place for 2 controllers, so you'll need to buy a multitap. All that is is a plugin that you put into a controller port, and it has a place to plug in 4 different controllers. It's really handy! You'd set up things just like you would if you had 2 players, but you just use three xD

When I had 3 players, it was a little tricky trying to get things to work. It was quite a while ago, but I thiiiink I had to put the first controller into the first PS2 port, and then #2 and #3 into the #2 and #3 port of the multitap (then you'd plug the multitap into PS2 port #2). I hope that wasn't too confusing ^^;

Dec 25, 12 at 6:53pm
rsotniel

emm... can somebody tell me how to play multi???

Dec 06, 09 at 3:10am
Madness_Hero

I only play this game by myself, if I want good MP action, I'll go play Uncharted 2 or Killzone 2

Dec 01, 09 at 8:23pm
CheagleEatingBurupya

Okay, so the whole fling happened a while ago now...it was fun, but I noticed you can't use Tear's second Mystic Arte (Fortune's Arc?) when playing with two or more players, unless either I was doing something wrong or it's a glitch of some sort.

Nov 30, 09 at 10:30pm
Roxas13

quote Keera
Wait so is it possible to play with 3 or 4 people? That would be soo cooooooool.

it is possible but you would need a multi-tap in order to do it, since the PS2 only has 2 controller slots. the multi-tap gives you 3 extra slots, so that you can play with more people. (i think it was 3....)
and sorry if you already know about multi-taps, i'm not trying to treat you like a noob or somthing... :/

Nov 06, 09 at 9:55pm
Keera

Wait so is it possible to play with 3 or 4 people? That would be soo cooooooool.

Oct 07, 09 at 7:41pm
CheagleEatingBurupya

The sleepover is this weekend, and I'm the only one who's played the game, so I'm guessing they won't complain if I do something like that. Since I'm the 'veteran', lol. We're starting a new game, I'm letting the other two play as Luke and Tear until more characters join the party. I want them get used to it first, especially since I don't think either of them have ever really played games for Playstation.

One time I played with my younger brother, and it didn't work out...I explained how the controls worked, what, ten times? And he still didn't get it. =.=

Oct 03, 09 at 4:13pm
SargentGamenut

Well I change Artes and equipment out of battle but I would be more like "live with it" because items are usually needed. And they probably wouldn't complain anyway

Oct 01, 09 at 7:24pm
CheagleEatingBurupya

Ah, I was just thinking it might get annoying if someone's in the middle of a really advanced combo and someone else pauses the game or goes to use an item or change equipment or artes. So would you just be like, "Hey guys, I gotta use an apple gel," or something like that?

Oct 01, 09 at 4:58pm
SargentGamenut

well I haven't played it with more than 2 people but I would guess it would be easier to dodge magic attacks, harder as limited moves you can use at once and probably annoying to keep pausing the game for items but still I bet it's still fun.

Really to stop pausing the battle for items only use them if you really need them or try the colosseum on unknown or something.