Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Zalman CNPS 9700 or Cooler Master V8 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 28, 09 at 8:17pmJamesOxford

Just wondering which offers more bang for the buck. I have used a ton of Zalmans, no V8's.

Hii, I know you are going to say the V8 so your excluded .

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 30, 09 at 12:13pm
hiigaran

Hii, I saw you were online yesterday and thought you would respond to this then. I meant it at a joke and was afraid I hurt your feelings.
nah, nothing can hurt my feelings. i have none

I am thinking about putting my computer on wheels and buying three of those Delta fans and mounting them as exhaust. This way, I will never have to lift it again, just point in the direction I need it to go, and turn up the juice.
i know this was meant to be as a joke, but i think it might be possible if its light enough. 3 exhausts and one intake ought to do it.

Sep 29, 09 at 11:41pm
JamesOxford

Hii, I saw you were online yesterday and thought you would respond to this then. I meant it at a joke and was afraid I hurt your feelings.

I am thinking about putting my computer on wheels and buying three of those Delta fans and mounting them as exhaust. This way, I will never have to lift it again, just point in the direction I need it to go, and turn up the juice.

As long as we are talking price\performance there was an article on CPU coolers in CPU magazine this month. (As a side note, neoseeker was in there for its overclock of the AMD TWKR chip) The Evercool Transformer 4 with its 2 120mm fans outperformed everything...and only costs $42.99

Sep 29, 09 at 10:17pm
hiigaran

holy shit that is one powerful fan. seriously, if you arent bothered by noise, get it. i would.

quote JamesOxford
Just wondering which offers more bang for the buck. I have used a ton of Zalmans, no V8's.

oh, now i feel alienated, but actually, it wouldnt have suggested either of them. compared to the trusty 36 dollar kingwin which i think is not 34 dollars, these have horrible performance to price ratios. for an extreme build, i would suggest the V10, but more for the fact that its a V10 (bragging rights, and the oh so lovely TEC)

Sep 29, 09 at 7:37am
JamesOxford

The review performed by this website suggested the same. thanks for the fan recommendations. I have a V8 coming in for a build I will do on Thurs. I'm gonna see how it does with stock, and make the call then. thanks for the fan recommendations.

Sep 29, 09 at 6:46am
xchaosdragon666x

I've heard some good thing's about the v8 but most of what i read they suggest you replace the fan in it with a better one
Same with all heat sink's (minus noctua's) they usually skimp on the fan to give a better heat sink (and save money)

These spec's don't really meet standard's

Air Flow 69.69 CFM
Noise Level 17 - 21dBA

^^^actually not to bad^^^

But rather scythe slipstream's (noise doesn't bother me much I use headphone's)
  1. Air Flow: 110.31 CFM
  2. Noise Level: 37.00 dBA
for $9 can't really beat them

But for high noise fan's good idea to get a fan controller to set it to your need's

But if you don't mind a jet engine (not recommended at all)

Delta QFR1212GHE-F00 120mm Case Fan (these are really meant for server's)
$36.99
  1. Air Flow: 210.38 CFM
  2. Noise Level: 64 dBA
the fan on youtube funny how it takes off by it's self

Sep 29, 09 at 6:18am
JamesOxford

Yeah, TEC is cool, literally. I use Zalmans in customer builds a lot though and I am thinking about switching to the V8. I havn't been all that impressed with Zalmans and the socket 1366 processors.

Sep 29, 09 at 5:02am
xchaosdragon666x

Was say... if your money and ram support's it

Save for a v10 and do a 100% TEC mod (if you do and you don't mind voiding the warranty switch it's tec with a 200+w one) stuck in tec it is the best air cooler hands down beaten by peltier (esp wc with peltier blowing in the reservoir)

^^^^Killed the tec^^^^

Source

Sep 28, 09 at 8:31pm
JamesOxford

Hii, I'm joking.

Sep 28, 09 at 8:17pm
JamesOxford