Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » TV Shows » Modern Family » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Sep 27, 09 at 2:58pmauctoria

Modern Family (formerly known as My American Family) is an American single camera mockumentary comedy, which premiered on ABC and Citytv in Canada, on September 23, 2009. The series currently airs 9:00 Wednesdays in the 2009-2010 season. The mockumentary follows the families of Jay Pritchett (Ed O'Neill), his daughter Claire Dunphy (Julie Bowen) and his gay son Mitchell Pritchett (Jesse Tyler Ferguson). While Clarie is a homemaker mom in a traditional family, Jay is married to a much younger woman and raising a teenage stepson, and Mitchell and his same-sex partner have an adopted Asian baby.

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watch the first episode here:

Currently the best new comedy bringing in 12.7 million viewers and winning its key democratic time slot.

I loved the first episode. The 'cool' dad is my favourite character and the grandfather with his younger wife and crazy son was brilliant.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 27, 15 at 4:08pm

OH MY GOSH!! I'M SO GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD! I love Modern Family it's my favorite show!! Funniest show ever made! I've been watchting every episode of it since it started and I love it!! My favorite character is Alex, shes so funny and smart and I love her so much that I wish i could meet her actor! Let me tell you about an idea I had for a episode of the series!

I would be in it as the cool and cute James Mario and I would be Alexes boyfriend. We would go on a special date and I would treat her so nice, then we'd go back to her place and I could give her a foot rub after wearing high heels all day. Don't tell any one but I my little fireman gets hard when I see Alex with no shoes on, sometimes I have to leave the room because i Don't want my parents to see it! I would rub her feet and hopefully they wouldn't smell bad! xD hopefully luke or haley wouldn't come in either becase there stupid and I don't like them at all. Then after that we could play games together like Mario and Pokemon. If she didnt know how to play games, i could teach her and she'd love them I bet becuase she's a cool nerd...

Hopefully one day they will have a contest where you can make an episode because I would love to make this real.

Sep 21, 14 at 8:22pm

Anyone watch the two part wedding episodes? I've seen the first part after the hiatus from this show, and I loved it. This show's still golden.

Jan 16, 14 at 10:56am

quote Justin
I've run out of the available list on On Demand, so I may need to find another resource.

Absolutely love it.
You should, it's well worth it, Easily one of the most consistently funny things on tv, I'm not sure it ever hits the heights of things like Always Sunny but it's always enjoyable to watch. The first season was just simply brilliant.

I've just caught up with the latest episodes after the winter break and I'm really enjoying it once more, Lily is turning into a really good character to have around and the rest of the cast are on form as always

Jan 12, 14 at 11:39am

I've run out of the available list on On Demand, so I may need to find another resource.

Absolutely love it.

Jan 11, 14 at 11:56pm

Same here! My younger brother suggested it to me last month and I've watched a few dozen since, haha. Sad that it took me this long to stumble upon it!

Jan 11, 14 at 6:17pm

Recently picked up watching some episodes of this show and find it hilarious. Brilliant comedy for sure.

Oct 09, 13 at 12:08pm

had no idea the new season had started until yesterday!

the first two episodes were great. the last one was funny, and i really enjoyed it. but it wasn't as good as the first two, probably it was revolved around comedy rather than the drama.

Feb 28, 13 at 3:14pm

I don't think it's been officially renewed, but there's no way ABC cancels its 3 time Emmy wining, highly rated comedy.

Modern Family is the only show I know I can turn on and it will be 8/10 or above.

Feb 28, 13 at 1:57pm

anyone know if the show has finished now?

there seems to be no word of renewal to season 5 and there's no future episodes listed on the wikipedia page after episode 17 :/

Oct 12, 12 at 10:45am
Wo Daddy Wo

I got a little teary eyed at the end when Haley was wearing the goofy shirt Phil made...