Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » TV Shows » Modern Family » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 27, 09 at 2:58pmauctoria

Modern Family (formerly known as My American Family) is an American single camera mockumentary comedy, which premiered on ABC and Citytv in Canada, on September 23, 2009. The series currently airs 9:00 Wednesdays in the 2009-2010 season. The mockumentary follows the families of Jay Pritchett (Ed O'Neill), his daughter Claire Dunphy (Julie Bowen) and his gay son Mitchell Pritchett (Jesse Tyler Ferguson). While Clarie is a homemaker mom in a traditional family, Jay is married to a much younger woman and raising a teenage stepson, and Mitchell and his same-sex partner have an adopted Asian baby.

Preview:

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kDu5s309Ouw?wmode=transparent" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watch the first episode here:

Currently the best new comedy bringing in 12.7 million viewers and winning its key democratic time slot.

---

I loved the first episode. The 'cool' dad is my favourite character and the grandfather with his younger wife and crazy son was brilliant.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 21, 14 at 8:22pm
Justin

Anyone watch the two part wedding episodes? I've seen the first part after the hiatus from this show, and I loved it. This show's still golden.

Jan 16, 14 at 10:56am
IcarusAbides

quote Justin
I've run out of the available list on On Demand, so I may need to find another resource.

Absolutely love it.
You should, it's well worth it, Easily one of the most consistently funny things on tv, I'm not sure it ever hits the heights of things like Always Sunny but it's always enjoyable to watch. The first season was just simply brilliant.

I've just caught up with the latest episodes after the winter break and I'm really enjoying it once more, Lily is turning into a really good character to have around and the rest of the cast are on form as always

Jan 12, 14 at 11:39am
Justin

I've run out of the available list on On Demand, so I may need to find another resource.

Absolutely love it.

Jan 11, 14 at 11:56pm
Chad

Same here! My younger brother suggested it to me last month and I've watched a few dozen since, haha. Sad that it took me this long to stumble upon it!

Jan 11, 14 at 6:17pm
Justin

Recently picked up watching some episodes of this show and find it hilarious. Brilliant comedy for sure.

Oct 09, 13 at 12:08pm
Lazzara

had no idea the new season had started until yesterday!

the first two episodes were great. the last one was funny, and i really enjoyed it. but it wasn't as good as the first two, probably it was revolved around comedy rather than the drama.

Feb 28, 13 at 3:14pm
BrokenKnights

I don't think it's been officially renewed, but there's no way ABC cancels its 3 time Emmy wining, highly rated comedy.

Modern Family is the only show I know I can turn on and it will be 8/10 or above.

Feb 28, 13 at 1:57pm
fitted

anyone know if the show has finished now?

there seems to be no word of renewal to season 5 and there's no future episodes listed on the wikipedia page after episode 17 :/

Oct 12, 12 at 10:45am
Wo Daddy Wo

I got a little teary eyed at the end when Haley was wearing the goofy shirt Phil made...

Oct 11, 12 at 9:41am
Kafani

Latest episode was hilarious. Good to see they can still come up with new material. Philsosophy I can see being made into a real book, if its not already in the works. Also, that fat guy principal looks really familiar...