Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » TV Shows » Community » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 18, 09 at 3:40pmHawkeye

From Dan Harmon ("The Sarah Silverman Program") and Emmy Award-winning directors Joe and Anthony Russo ("Arrested Development") comes "Community," a smart comedy series about a band of misfits who attend Greendale Community College. At the center of the group is Jeff Winger (Joel McHale, "The Soup"), a fast-talkin' lawyer whose degree has been revoked. With some help from his fellow classmates, Winger forms a study group who eventually learn more about themselves than their course work.

Also among the series stars who comprise the group are comedy legend Chevy Chase ("Chuck") as Pierce, a man whose life experience has brought him infinite wisdom; Gillian Jacobs ("The Book of Daniel") as Britta, the 28-year old drop out with something to prove; Yvette Nicole Brown ("Rules of Engagement") as Shirley, a sassy middle-aged divorcée; Danny Pudi ("Greek") as Abed, a pop culture junkie; Alison Brie ("Mad Men") as Annie, a high-strung perfectionist; Donald Glover ("30 Rock") as Troy, a former high school football star trying to find his way and Ken Jeong ("The Hangover") as Spanish professor, Señor Chang.

So how bad was this show? Maybe I was too hyped for it, I don't know. But the way it was built up as the funniest new show and one of the best shows of the fall, this pilot episode bombed. I don't think I've ever seen that much forced humor in the span of twenty minutes before. Maybe I'll give it a couple more episodes, see where it goes. But if the rest of the show is like this first episode, then instant bomb.

Only thing I laughed at the whole episode was the "I'mma give my book to Slumdog Millionaire over here." At least Allison Brie (the brunette) was hot, otherwise I'd have changed channel halfway through.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 10, 14 at 10:35am
TheButcher99999

Ahhh that's why its available on Canadian Netflix and not US.

May 10, 14 at 10:32am
Oogity_Boogity_Boo

quote TheButcher99999
A bit gutted, the season just finished was pretty good. If anyone will pick it up it'll be Netflix I reckon.
Unfortunately that doesn't look all that likely. Sony has an exclusive streaming deal in the US with Hulu, and I'm not sure Hulu has the kind of money to bring a show like Community back. There may be workarounds here because I've seen reports that Sony is pretty aggressively shopping it around, but we'll see what happens.

May 10, 14 at 5:51am
TheButcher99999

A bit gutted, the season just finished was pretty good. If anyone will pick it up it'll be Netflix I reckon.

May 10, 14 at 5:23am
zanderman

It was due.

May 09, 14 at 4:57pm
nathan

really thought it would get renewed. troy and abed in mourning.

May 09, 14 at 12:44pm
Best Player Ever

Well, unfortunately it looks like we won't be getting six seasons and a movie. Not from NBC anyway. I'm keeping up the hope that somebody else could pick up the show, even if it is just for one more season and a movie.

Apr 04, 14 at 6:41am
nathan

i agree. really, really great episode.

Apr 04, 14 at 4:40am
Euphoric

That was one of the best Community episodes ever. One of those brilliant standalone eps that anyone can watch and appreciate. If you know anything about retro cartoons that is.

Between this and the best Agents of SHIELD yet, it has been a good week.

Jan 25, 14 at 8:14am
Q22

quote The Hazard
peace out, troy. won't be the same.
So true. Everyone is funny but Troy and Abed definitely pushed the show from good to great.

Jan 24, 14 at 7:16pm
The Hazard

peace out, troy. won't be the same.