Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Freedom Unite » Beginning Lancer » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos
Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! - Even as a guest, we hope you will enjoy yourselves and follow the forum guidelines!Please read over the updated Freedom Unite Forum Guidelines!.

hideOriginal Post

Sep 06, 09 at 8:29pmswk3000

I have a question for any Lance-users. I restarted a while back, but haven't been playing the game much. I normally use Dual Blades, but I've (somewhat randomly) decided that I'd like to be a Lancer this time around. My question is this: What's a good armor line to use? I've currently got Rathalos Soul armor, but I'm thinking the Hermitaur armor would be some of the best. Am I right, or should I look at a different line?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 09, 12 at 6:41am
animal_lover310

Evade distance up and the other guard skills are good but I would focus on the gaurd inc and guard up because if you have gaurd up 1-2 and guard inc together you can actualy gaurd against rajang's beam/laser attack witch is a very nice thing to do

Oct 08, 12 at 6:02pm
ihx

rathian armor sucks:#:o^_^

Sep 08, 09 at 2:03am
Kyosato

Yeah I know, I hate it too. hahaha, but the set comes with guard and Guard up, so it's really the only G rank set that comes with both standard.

It's a total drag.

Sep 07, 09 at 5:59pm
King of Ice

Wait...Gravios X?
Aww Crud...I Was Hoping it'd be Plum Daimyo Armor
I Hate Gravios...

Sep 07, 09 at 5:54pm
swk3000

My main problem with that Gravios X set is it's lack of Sharpness+1. Still, I'll keep it in mind for when I get that far. I'll also look into getting Evade Distance Up.

Sep 07, 09 at 5:37pm
Kyosato

Yeah, evasion distance up is insanely effective for a lance user, I was surprised when i used it.

Also, probably the best end game armor for a lance guarding set is Gravios X. I know I was disappointed too.

You can have Guard+2 Guard Skl Inc and Health +30 on this set after gemming. Or if you have SSP, which I prefer, you can have ESP Guard +1 Guard skl Inc Health +30(I think) without rearranging the gems which is nice.

Sep 07, 09 at 3:19pm
Sah Kuh Suckers

auto is for noobs. Go for stuff like evade distance up and evasion and you'll be running circles around it.

Sep 07, 09 at 2:14pm
snapperfishes

Also auto guard.

Sep 07, 09 at 2:07pm
King of Ice

Guard+1 or Guard+2 With Guard Inc Are Useful Skills for a Lancer
Use Hermitaur Armor from the Normal ones to The G-Rank Ones
They're Pretty Much Made for Lances

Sep 06, 09 at 9:11pm
mhdude

guard+1/2 always is a lancers' best friend so go ahead with daimyo armor (since it has guard+) then look for other armors with guard+ when u unlock more
oh also, IF ur good with evasion with a lance, evade+1/2 is good to have with a lance