Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Freedom Unite » Beginning Lancer » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! - Even as a guest, we hope you will enjoy yourselves and follow the forum guidelines!Please read over the updated Freedom Unite Forum Guidelines!.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Brachydios Dara Amadyura Gore Magala Kirin Kushala Daora Tigrex Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Selregios Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos

hideOriginal Post

Sep 06, 09 at 8:29pmswk3000

I have a question for any Lance-users. I restarted a while back, but haven't been playing the game much. I normally use Dual Blades, but I've (somewhat randomly) decided that I'd like to be a Lancer this time around. My question is this: What's a good armor line to use? I've currently got Rathalos Soul armor, but I'm thinking the Hermitaur armor would be some of the best. Am I right, or should I look at a different line?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 09, 12 at 6:41am
animal_lover310

Evade distance up and the other guard skills are good but I would focus on the gaurd inc and guard up because if you have gaurd up 1-2 and guard inc together you can actualy gaurd against rajang's beam/laser attack witch is a very nice thing to do

Oct 08, 12 at 6:02pm
ihx

rathian armor sucks:#:o^_^

Sep 08, 09 at 2:03am
Kyosato

Yeah I know, I hate it too. hahaha, but the set comes with guard and Guard up, so it's really the only G rank set that comes with both standard.

It's a total drag.

Sep 07, 09 at 5:59pm
King of Ice

Wait...Gravios X?
Aww Crud...I Was Hoping it'd be Plum Daimyo Armor
I Hate Gravios...

Sep 07, 09 at 5:54pm
swk3000

My main problem with that Gravios X set is it's lack of Sharpness+1. Still, I'll keep it in mind for when I get that far. I'll also look into getting Evade Distance Up.

Sep 07, 09 at 5:37pm
Kyosato

Yeah, evasion distance up is insanely effective for a lance user, I was surprised when i used it.

Also, probably the best end game armor for a lance guarding set is Gravios X. I know I was disappointed too.

You can have Guard+2 Guard Skl Inc and Health +30 on this set after gemming. Or if you have SSP, which I prefer, you can have ESP Guard +1 Guard skl Inc Health +30(I think) without rearranging the gems which is nice.

Sep 07, 09 at 3:19pm
Sah Kuh Suckers

auto is for noobs. Go for stuff like evade distance up and evasion and you'll be running circles around it.

Sep 07, 09 at 2:14pm
snapperfishes

Also auto guard.

Sep 07, 09 at 2:07pm
King of Ice

Guard+1 or Guard+2 With Guard Inc Are Useful Skills for a Lancer
Use Hermitaur Armor from the Normal ones to The G-Rank Ones
They're Pretty Much Made for Lances

Sep 06, 09 at 9:11pm
mhdude

guard+1/2 always is a lancers' best friend so go ahead with daimyo armor (since it has guard+) then look for other armors with guard+ when u unlock more
oh also, IF ur good with evasion with a lance, evade+1/2 is good to have with a lance