Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » PC Games and Steam » Beta spotlight article: Gratuitous Space Battles » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Neoseeker does not support warez of any kind. Any request for CD keys will be deleted or closed on sight, regardless of the situation. Thank you
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 10, 09 at 1:06am
kspiess

You probably tried this, but thought I'd mention it anyways: Did you try just running it in "Windows 95 compatibility mode" ? Like i.e just by changing the properties of the shortcut to run in compatibility mode.

Sep 10, 09 at 12:53am
Mishtram

I'll definitely be doing that, thanks for the headsup.

Yeah, Extreme Tactics gave you a series of chassis to work with, which you customized with weaponry and produced as you needed them. I tried putting it on Windows ME, a platform which tortured me enough without being able to handle my PC games well, and my followup XP and Vista computers had no more luck. I'd recommend against it, though, it was a little clumsy.

Sep 09, 09 at 11:46pm
kspiess

Hrmm haven't tried playing that one.

Personally I like the hands-off control. The game is focused on just the designing and planning, making it a pure strategy game. But ya, I certainly don't think this is for everyone.

You should try out the demo when it comes out (I'm sure it will...but may be a while though..)

Sep 09, 09 at 9:31pm
Mishtram

I sense a trend with the recent articles, lol! I don't know how I feel entirely about giving up all control of command of my ships during a fight, though -- seems it would take away from the experience but I'm finding the additional designed element cool.

Reminds me of Extreme Tactics WAAAAAAAY long ago on the PC, unfortunately that game doesn't work on anything newer than Windows 98. =/

Sep 02, 09 at 8:14pm
kspiess

Hi guys,

Wrote up a 'sort-of' review of a fun indie strategy game, that is currently in beta, called Gratuitous Space Battles.

Check'er out here: