Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » The Sims 3 » Sims 3 Not Realistic Enough? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to Neoseeker! Please read through the forum rules before posting. Why don't you <a href="/members/register.html" targ
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 26, 09 at 9:05amTheDevilsAssistant

Have you (like me) ever thought that the Sims 3 just isn't realistic enough? Dont't get me wrong, I think EA have done an excellent job. It's just those little moments and those little situations that we face in life that they've forgotten.

What am I blabbering about?
Let me give you a situation:

My sim has a job. He drives to work everyday. Last night he hosted a party and stayed up until one in the morning. He's tired. But still he drives to work. There is no chance that he will crash on his way to work due to his lack of sleep. There is no chance that the party he had last night would cost him his life (or a lot of money because of the medical bills if he survives). It just won't happen.

Let me give you another situation:

This one is pretty simple and straightforward. My sim finds ten simoleons on the floor. They didn't think of that did they!

Hopefully you will now understand what I mean.
I would like to hear from you if you can think of any other things EA could have put in to make the game more realistic.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 03, 12 at 3:00pm
Tay Rex

quote KellySue667
I would be all for disabilities and illnesses. I would love to have a sim be wheelchair bound or autisum or Downs Syndrom. Not sure how it would be implemented in the game. But I would LOVE to have the choices to have more realistic sims.
You couldn't implement something like this into a game without offending a lot of people. Disorders such as autism have a variety of symptoms and are shown in different ways for different people. It is a spectrum disorder meaning that there is more than one type of autism and it has a range of varied effects. You put in one type of autism in Sims and say that's what autism is and you're stereotyping everybody that suffers from it and you offend them all.

Don't even get me started on people wondering why others would wish to play around with such an illness or disorder when they have to live with it every day. They want to be taken seriously.

Dec 03, 12 at 12:10pm
werewolffang

I think that putting some Sims in wheelchairs would be ok as it is something that is real, it is a life similar not a world where you sometimes get the flu (Seasons)

Nov 10, 12 at 10:56am
KellySue667

I would be all for disabilities and illnesses. I would love to have a sim be wheelchair bound or autisum or Downs Syndrom. Not sure how it would be implemented in the game. But I would LOVE to have the choices to have more realistic sims.

Mar 31, 12 at 11:44am
krismichwalt

quote lightsaber duel
quote Nancydective
disabilities!!! (I don't care there are like 4 thread over on the official forum talking about it) Since its unfair for EA to have Gays/Lesbians in the game but not have disabilities? What about have sickness that way they can actually have vacation days to get better. But no dying in car accidents!!

This message was edited by Nancydective on Aug 26 2009.
Hay! My younger brother has Austim and it's SUPER hard for me to live a normal life! At school I got teased and got called "Retard Rachel" and I couldn't go anywhere like Dream World because we couldn't afford someone to care for him. I'm surprised my parents got me this computer when I was little because we where so poor. (Oh look, now I'm going on about my life, shut up!)
I am disabled! I totally wouldn't mind disabled Sims. I can't walk. People make fun of me for that. I IGNORE them. I'm smarter than the average person anyway. I wouldn't mind a sim with crutches or wheelchair. It would add a new aspect to the game. But they wouldn't do it because people would be to aggravated. But there is a hospital maybe they could use it for more than babies...

Nov 04, 11 at 3:45pm
sims3player

This can actually happen, and it did with my sim: You can walk into someone's house, take their pet goldfish or tuna, and leave with said fish.

My theory is that if the fish can be cooked you could make it into a food, then invite the fish's owners to come and EAT THEIR OWN PET!

But, this one has also happened to my sim, if you are Handy and you visit a neighbor who broke their toilet, they will get mad if you fix the toilet and say "____ is behaving rudely. If (s)he does not behave, I will have to ask him/her to leave."

In other words, stealing is not bad, but helping someone in need is DISRESPECTFUL!

Also: A teen could get in trouble for staying at a relative's house past their curfew. Even if an adult is present. I think that's a waste of calling the police.

Oct 21, 11 at 7:28pm
PrincessHyper

I think this game is detailed enough to a degree, but the other day, I had an idea for a mysterious Sim. But no, I had to make do with 5 'ordinary' traits which generally irritated me. But I installed the new patch which pleased me a little more as it has an 'edit town' option, and 'buyDebug' now works.

Oct 21, 11 at 12:06am
SimsLover345

I kind of agree, the game would be that one little bit better if you could get ill or be in a car accident, but isnt that what reality for?

Jun 13, 10 at 1:32pm
thetwilight

I can't believe that people are actually suggesting car crashes be added to a game thats main core of players is probably children.

Would you want brain matter all over the windows to add realism? Or how about a random sim losing control of his car, through this lack of sleep you speak of, and killing your sim?

It's just a stupid idea which you haven't thought through.

I like the idea of being able to call in sick. Maybe something like 'Good/Bad Liar trait could come into play?'

Jun 13, 10 at 9:23am
supamariorpg

Well, the problem with all these things like disabilities and car crashes is that it can offend people who it's actually happened to. Take people who have been in horrible car crashes where people they were talking to one second ago are instantly dead. They sit down to play The Sims and the same thing happens! Also, the game would get rather annoying if your sim made you make him take his heart pills every morning or he dies. It's called avoiding making a game WATCHING PEOPLE LIVE

Jun 07, 10 at 3:08am
xilyxemorainbow

Oh yeah I think I remember reading that somewhere. Which reminds me, I need to go buy that expansion pack real soon