Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » General PSP » Analog Stick Problems » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.PSP Media Guide .:: Ultimate Homebrew Guide
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 13, 09 at 5:20pmAuron Blade

For the past week or so, my PSP analog stick has been completely misbehaving.

If I push the analog stick up in a game my character or cursor or whatever I'm controlling moves in the opposite direction. I can move without problems in almost any other direction, but trying to move forward just doesn't work.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 18, 12 at 6:05pm
Justinthesupernova

quote SUPREM_KITE
Try going to your info screen (has mac address on it) and spinning it in complete circles, this is supposed to calibrate it if you have firmware 2.xx or higher. If that doesn't work you may need to replace it, which is relativly cheap and easy to do yourself if you know how to use a screwdriver.
This worked for me, but it only stopped it from going crazy, now it just goes down.

Jul 13, 12 at 10:24pm
vj24599

just download joysens(easiest way to do it at home)

Feb 25, 12 at 8:54pm
daveyd

quote Eienshi
Oh yeah, 1 more thing, I learned all the stuff in the above comment through actualy busting open my broken psp after it died. I smashed it repeatedly with a wooden training sword. I kid you not, those psps are virtually indestructable unless you aim right for the screen. I kid you not, not trolling. I took all the parts and laid them out afterwards. The analog stick stick with all the parts it attatches to is by far the shodiest component. Once it breaks, due to wear and tear, it WILL continue to mess up, no matter how many times you fix it. I'm not sure if it's a design flaw or an evil plot by sony to increase sales. Maybe its just cause I put hundreds of hours of fun into my psp system and it had just reached its limit.
Well, it wouldn't surprise if the analog stick had unintentional flaws in its design because this was the first portable system to have one. I've never had problems with my analog stick but I mainly play RPGs so I guess I don't use it all that much. Hopefully they improved upon the analog stick for the vita though.

Feb 24, 12 at 5:11am
Eienshi

Oh yeah, 1 more thing, I learned all the stuff in the above comment through actualy busting open my broken psp after it died. I smashed it repeatedly with a wooden training sword. I kid you not, those psps are virtually indestructable unless you aim right for the screen. I kid you not, not trolling. I took all the parts and laid them out afterwards. The analog stick stick with all the parts it attatches to is by far the shodiest component. Once it breaks, due to wear and tear, it WILL continue to mess up, no matter how many times you fix it. I'm not sure if it's a design flaw or an evil plot by sony to increase sales. Maybe its just cause I put hundreds of hours of fun into my psp system and it had just reached its limit.

Feb 24, 12 at 4:59am
Eienshi

Sorry to break the news to ya man, but your psp is part of a batch made recently that is, well, screwed. I had the same issue with my psp a while back, and recently bought a new one. The problem seems to be that if the stick gets jarred around too much, the wiring gets loosened. This is because of a really cheap plastic ring-type thingy that easily degrades after a while. Also, the 3000 series has the shodiest analog stick constuction to date of ANY psp, besides to GO, which uses a similar analog stick setup. among other things, you WILL find that the analog stick will loosen to the point where it will slip and swivel around due to the degradation of the components (I know MINE did.... Still finished duodecim even after the flat nub broke right off. finger bled but I still played on) Needless to say 3000 series psps are crappy, but slickly crappy. It is also worth noting that the battery provided is actually 3.6 volts, whilst the charger is a full 5 volts. This is OBVIOUSLY not good for the longevity of psps

Jan 15, 12 at 4:40am
mike1012345345234523

i have version 3.71 m33-2 anyway i had a joystick issue due to wear so i replaced the analog stick { i have been working on computers for a long time and know how to handle circuitry i used a static band on my wrist etc} problem is the new stick i put in is obviously uncalibrated because the character in games spins in circles and i have pinned it down to the new stick .. thinking it may be a bad part i ordered another.. same problem , i have gone to the system info screen where the mac address shows and spinned the stick 360 in both directions...problem still exists , i added the plugin joysence or whatever its called and tried to follow the directions but as i understand it you have to have a different firmware to use it , any thoughts on how i can calibrate this damn thing...id hate to think i have to update to a new firmware and give up isos please help

Aug 26, 09 at 7:18am
Xhizors

I have one friend who has hands which could "break super hard ice" with one "gentle touch". And it's real.

Aug 24, 09 at 10:45am
SUPREM_KITE

quote Xhizors
"But I'm scared I'll break the faceplate"
Actually the face plates are pretty tough they were designed with dropping in mind you almost have to try to break it or mindlessly pry without removing all screws. The only thing I have ever done is pop the screen cover out, which is supposed to happen so it can be replaced, I also had to try to do that.

Aug 24, 09 at 10:09am
Xhizors

Unless he could find a friend who's willing to lend his homebrew'd PSP.

Aug 24, 09 at 9:51am
Ville_Valo

quote Luigi Panache
You can get the Pandora battery and MMS you'll need for free, as long as you have a battery and a Memory Stick over 256 MB. It's also in the guide.
Hold on. Do you mean hardmodding it? Wouldn't that make it a permanent Pandora, meaning he'd have to buy a new battery anyway? In which case he may as well just get one of these?