Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Alienware gaming Laptop - Opinions? (UPDATE: ASUS opinions wanted) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 13, 09 at 4:36pmT0a5t3r

Area-51® m15x

I'd be getting it for £920, and i'd be using it at university for gaming, video editing and quite a lot of photoshop work.

Is it worth my while? I've read a few good reviews about it but wondered if anyone here had anything to say about this specific laptop, or about Alienware as a brand?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 09, 13 at 7:25am
bronze0800

quote The Slayer
quote hiigaran
(except dell and HP. theyre evil )

Hey now, I love my HP laptop. I got a good deal for it and it works perfectly.
i have a dell laptop for gaming cost £359 i got it dirt cheap because it was in scratch dent sale didnt have a mark on it. i did have to pay £50 to get it repaired in by a different company because dell says i cause the fault. graphics card over heated and melted things.

all in all its pretty decent

Jan 08, 13 at 8:47am
Zhang Liao

So i got drunk last week and opened my mouth to my gf saying i'll buy her an alienware laptop if she wants to play skyrim that much!
Its just as well her other laptop is on its way out.

I don't mind paying the £1k+ for it, just want to know if there's one that's good but can still take a bit of a beating (wear/tear).

cheers.

Mar 29, 11 at 8:21pm
hiigaran

2 year old thread

Mar 29, 11 at 8:20pm
dan717

T0a5t3r could put fairy lights on his Asus?

Mar 29, 11 at 8:14pm
YWN4125

Shit I bought an M15x by a recommendation from a friend and now I'm hearing it wasn't a good buy. *sigh* God it was over $1000 too. At least I have a colorful keyboard.

Sep 01, 09 at 4:14pm
hiigaran

i need to be able to take my laptop to the occasional lecture
in this case, do you know if you can plug your laptop in somewhere in your lectures? if not, then youll need something else, as gaming laptops wont have much power available. if this is the case, then youll need a standard laptop with a good battery.

Sep 01, 09 at 10:27am
T0a5t3r

quote Northern49
Do you really need a laptop for gaming? I mean, are you planning to play Crisis on the subway? Or... Flight Simulator on an aeroplane? Buy a rig for gaming. Save laptops for word processing and web browsing.
If i weren't moving away i would definitely have bought a desktop instead, but unfortunately i need to be able to take my laptop to the occasional lecture, or occasionally take it on the train back home again.

I've decided to go for the Asus, so thanks a lot for all the advice. You've really helped me out.

Thanks guys.

Sep 01, 09 at 5:04am
antwerpen

He can't bring desktop to his campus/ dorm, so he's limited to laptop.

Sep 01, 09 at 4:28am
Northern49

Do you really need a laptop for gaming? I mean, are you planning to play Crisis on the subway? Or... Flight Simulator on an aeroplane? Buy a rig for gaming. Save laptops for word processing and web browsing.

Sep 01, 09 at 12:01am
bphicks123

I think asus is a really good value laptop.