Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Harvest Moon DS Cute » Moderator's Corner 2 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 12, 09 at 8:40pmCrystal Rain

Here is the second thread for Requests, Feedbacks and Suggestions.

Thread One

Here is the last post:

quote Princess Alyak
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I think, for now, we maybe won't have a Never-ending Story. I think it would be better if we had a game that had some discussion or at least some constructive material in it. So, I think I'll have to say no to the Never-ending Story for now.
EDIT: I'm leaving tomorrow, and will be gone until Sunday, just to let everyone know. Hopefully I can get on tomorrow before I leave, but I'm not sure..

EDIT: Well, hopefully you guys see this, but I didn't want to double-post. I may not be here for periods of a time again, but I hope not to be gone for such a long time without notice like last year. Just thought I'd give everyone the heads up. Hopefully I'll be back soon!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 25, 12 at 3:06pm
Crystal Rain

So as I said to Angelic in a PM, I'm completely in support of a Fanfic thread. I'd prefer someone bumped up the old one, I believe it was created by Bitter Sweet to help in your search. Please, PLEASE bump by actually posting a bit of fanfic, not just saying 'Bump' though.

Is anyone else interested in a Header/Footer contest? I feel like we could have another one. Then we could pick new forum colours based on the winners. Unless we want the theme first, then design the header and footer around that.

Also, I'll try to get this contest up. If anyone has any ideas, PLEASE pm me, because I doubt I can think of them all myself.

So, my current to-do list:
-Update Pre-RP character list
-Get RP up and running
-New forum theme
-Deal with old Forum Awards
-Work on Scenario Contest
-Help Fanfiction get underway
-Work on building discussion in general
-Possibly hold a Header/Footer contest

Speaking of the Forum Awards, I think it's been so long now I'll just leave it. If people really want I can do guestbook signings. I just thought it's been so long people may not care. Let me know.

Apr 04, 12 at 9:02am
Kutiekinzie

I think Amelie's idea could go well, since we do have a few writers here (coughLEXIcough). I sure would write.

And I'm not sure if we talked about this, and I'm too lazy to see, but could we get a new header/footer?

I love the idea of the contest. I barely play HMDS Cute, so I need to pick it up again (while I'm at the mountains for the remainder of the week).

I'm trying to squeeze in some time for a roleplay post, but I can't think of anything. So far Ariel is just dancing. Weird, huh :/

Apr 04, 12 at 6:36am
Angelic

I have a suggestion

I saw that this forum used to have a fan-fiction thread. Loads of people bumped it but it died out. I know we have a roleplay and everything by maybe we could have a fan-fiction thread as well. I know I would write!

Thanks
Amelie
<3

Mar 31, 12 at 9:12am
Thalia

Hmm.

I could find that fun. I mean, I don't know if anything can really get me playing again (because I HATE HMDS and HMDS Cute, and 99% of that is because I suck at it like a fish sucks at climbing trees) but I could try!

Mar 29, 12 at 5:01pm
Glameowlover

I don't see much of a reward for this, for me, being first would be great. I'm usually very slow. But maybe if people want prizes, we could do something? Not sure what though.

Sorry for not posting, I've been very very busy.

Feb 28, 12 at 11:09pm
Crystal Rain

We could always have different things too. Some could require starting over, but others necessarily wouldn't. Just as a random example, there could be one that say "double the amount of money you have". For someone like me, that would be terribly difficult if I didn't start over. (Note: If we did do something like that obviously we'd have to make some rules to make it feasible for millionaires and the like, but you get the idea). So.... we like this general idea then? Because if people could post ideas of little 'challenges' or 'checkpoints' perhaps, that would be awesome. Also... should there be some sort of reward? Or are people happy just with the satisfaction of being 'first' or whatever?

Feb 28, 12 at 10:12pm
Glameowlover

I think the certain points in the game contest idea is pretty good. I mean, there's also two files in this game. It's not a big deal to erase one to some people. I'd personally prefer that one to a game, because you're actually playing the game, not just talking about it.

Feb 27, 12 at 11:55pm
Crystal Rain

Hmm, that sounds sort of like the Ultimate Bachelor game we had awhile ago? I don't remember if you were around then or if it was right before you came back. But maybe it would be a good idea to do something like that again. We usually get good discussion talking about bachelors.

Feb 27, 12 at 9:24pm
Thalia

Hmm, yeah, that's a cool idea.

Maybe we could also do something I once did in the RF and RF2 forums that boosted activity some. It was Bachelorette vs. Bachelorette games, but when you voted you had to give a logical argument in your favor. Obviously here it'd be bachelor vs. bachelor, but these threads led to some pretty in-depth discussions about the characters, the game, life, etc.

Feb 27, 12 at 5:14pm
Crystal Rain

Well actually Arianna the thread is stickied, so it doesn't really need to be bumped.... it's always at the top of the forum...

And, considering our current PPD (posts per day) is only 2.75, which includes the GD, I definitely don't think we have enough activity for forum awards.

I'd like to see some legitimate game-related discussion threads before having many more non-discussion activities such as roleplays, games and awards set up.

Because how many people actually play the game now? I know I haven't played in months, probably getting close to a year now. If we could find some way of getting people to pick up the game again, that would be ideal.

Perhaps we could have some sort of friendly 'competition'. It would have to revolve around the honour system, but I trust everyone here. We could set certain goals within the game, and see who could be the first to reach them. We'll have to think it through carefully of course, since people are at different points in their various games. Perhaps people participating could start over, if they're up to it (if you haven't played in a long time this might not be a big deal). Just spitballing ideas here though, let me know what you think.

beccyorange Kutiekinzie Xenophilia Thalia glameowlover