Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » The World Ends with You » TWEWY Mafia XIV: End: Kira's World » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 09, 09 at 8:08pmPheonyx

Hello, and welcome the TWEWY Mafia game thread! “What is Mafia?” you may ask. To put it simply, a mafia game pits an uninformed majority – in this case, the Players – against an informed minority – the Reapers – with each side trying to eliminate the others, and the last team standing wins1. Reapers know who their teammates are and may communicate with them outside of the thread; Players only know their own identity and cannot communicate with other members about the game outside of this thread2.

This Mafia is, of course, themed after The World Ends With You – each participant will be assigned a character from the game; combined with your alignment, this makes up your “Role.” Most characters will also be assigned an ability that allows them to take a special action under certain circumstances.

1 – There may also be Individuals, who are on neither team and have their own special win conditions, which can vary from ones that require them to fulfill a certain condition before they can be killed, kill everyone else, .or others. There may also be Non-Aligned Players, whose ability allows them to choose a side later on, but are not initially allied with anyone and have no win condition – if they die or the game ends before they have chosen a side, then they are automatically among the losers.

2 – Some Players have communicating with a specific other Player outside of the thread as a character ability.

Game Progression

The game is divided into two alternating phases:

In the Day Phases, members vote in-thread on who they would like to lynch; if a majority of the participants can agree on one person, then that person is Erased. If no agreement can be reached, then whichever member has to most votes against them at the end of the 48-hour time limit is Erased. If there are multiple members with the same number of votes, then the lynchee will be determined randomly.

During the Night Phases, members with active abilities PM the GM with who and/or how they want to use their ability. Night actions may be changed or canceled at any time during the 24-hour time limit.

The game will end after the seventh Night Phase.

Voting

When voting, please do so in bold, and separate from the body of your post, like so:

Vote: Pheonyx

When changing a vote, you use the same format, but with “Change Vote” instead of just “Vote.” If you have cast a vote and wish take it back entirely instead of just changing it to someone else, use:

Change Vote: No Vote

If you wish for nobody to be lynched during a Day Phase, then you also have the option of casting a vote for “No Lynch.”

If there is a majority vote during a day phase, then that day phase will end early and the person with the majority of votes will be lynched.

Night Actions

When sending in your night action PM, please use a format similar to voting – for those of you with active abilities, this means using the bolded word from your role description. Some examples:

Investigate: Pheonyx

Kill: Pheonyx

Protect: Pheonyx

This is to help the GM keep straight who is doing what without having to memorize everyone’s ability or consult a list (more than is necessary, anyway).

If you have no intent to act during a night phase, please send a PM saying "No action". This will speed up the night phase so the GM doesn't have to wait for everyone's PM. You do not have to worry about this if you do not have a night phase ability.

Roleclaims

At any time you see fit, you may make a claim to which character you are and what your alignment is; this generally done as a manner of defending oneself, though the effectiveness will vary. An example:

Neku Sakuraba: Player Aligned Emo Teen

Losing The Game

There are three ways in which the Players can be declared defeated:

1. At the start of a phase, the amount of Reapers is equal to or greater than the amount of non-Reapers

2. If at least one Reaper is alive at the end of the seventh Night Phase

3. If the remaining number of Reapers exceeds the total remaining non-Reaper kill opportunities; i.e., it becomes impossible to kill all the Reapers within the remaining time. Only the GM will know for sure if this has occurred.

Modkills

A Modkill is when the GM has to step in and Erase a member due to them violating one this game’s four rules:

1. Do not talk about the game outside of the thread with people you aren’t allowed to talk to it about.

2. Do not edit or delete your posts. Just like in real life, once you’ve said something, you’ve said it – no take-backsies. If you need to say something else or clarify a certain point, you are allowed to double post.

3. Do not quote anything from another member or the GM’s Private Messages to you in-thread without their permission, with the exception of your character name and alignment.

4. Do not disclose ANY information about the game (your power, the results of your night actions, the identity of your teammate(s), etc.) after your death has been confirmed in a write-up.

Beyond these restrictions, anything goes (all forum rules still apply).

Additionally, you will be Modkilled if you are absent from the proceedings (either in-thread or from night actions) for four consecutive phases – that’s six days IRL. Being active in the proceedings does not include one post every five days simply saying you are busy. If you’re going to be away for a while, say so ahead of time in-thread to avoid receiving a Modkill. Alternatively, you may simply send PM to the GM to notify them that you are still paying attention, but aren't acting/speaking for strategic reasons.

If you intentionally get yourself Modkilled to prove to the other Players the alignment of your teammate(s), then your teammate(s) will be Modkilled as well (only you will receive a Warning). You are still allowed to prove your teammates alignment be getting yourself killed legally, such as by intentionally getting yourself Lynched, or requesting that someone Kill you during a Night Phase.

If you are Modkilled, then whatever action or vote you would've taken that phase will be invalidated. After your first Modkill you will be issued a Warning; receiving a second warning will result in you being suspended from participating in the game again for one round.

Replacements
If you want to sign up after a game has started, you may sign up to be a replacement. Replacements will be called upon if a player is absent from proceedings. If you know you will be gone or too busy, please ask to GM to replace you.

Further Questions

If you’ve any questions about game progression in general, ask in-thread so that someone may assist you as soon as possible. Questions specifically about your role or ability works should be PM’d directly to the GM. Suggestions concerning things to be done in future rounds may be PM’d to the GM or posted in-thread, whichever you prefer.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 27, 09 at 3:32am
Kefira

Blame wolvie who didn't kill HiKaRi night 2..> > > >
Joke.

Aug 27, 09 at 3:16am
Pheonyx

Eh, here's a copy/paste of the word document. You'll just have to try and remember who's who.

So... Night 1:
Viper Died. HiKaRi pushed his ability to the limits by giving me a very specific time AND a very specific procedure on how to kill his victims. Also Rabla couldn't decide on saving Viper because Kanon... roleblocked him. And as for what happened with the fish and stuff?

Night 2:
Wolvie didn't get a night action in. HiKaRi got lucky with his first kill being reaper aligned. Glancing revived Viper. Also, even though WereJackal protected Kanon, I decided to do him a favor by roleblocking him, since the action he was about to take (sleep with everyone) would've roleblocked the revival and ensured his loss. So the protect didn't go through quite right. And HiKaRi got a lucky guess with Sephiroth.

Night 3:
Hoo gets cocky and says there's no reason he can't use all three of his one use abilities in the same phase. Since he was trying to kill me (which didn't work) and silencing a soon-to-be dead man, I let him go with it. He didn't use any of the info anyway.
And Kanon takes F*** YEAH SEAKING too literally.

Night 4:
By this time Rabla got annoyed because his ability only works for night kills, and all the kills happened during the day, so I changed it to all kills for him. But then SW9 died that night (HiKaRi decided to mix up the kills, apparently) but Rabla didn't feel the need to save him.
Also, Viper investigated HiKaRi and got all the details on him, (except win condition, which might have swayed him against not saying anything whatsoever if he got that.)

Night 5:
To be honest, nothing interesting happened. HiKaRi wrote Viper's name to be killed Day 7.

Night 6:
HiKaRi wrote WereJackal's name for a double kill after his first post. That's about it.

So yeah there you go. Any questions can be PM'd to me, or asked in thread. Go go Glancing.
Oh, and use the new thread.

Aug 27, 09 at 2:53am
GlancingReverse

So, while we're waiting, new thread here.

Aug 27, 09 at 2:42am
HiKaRi

If there was ever an appropriate time for this, it's now.

Anyway, I was actually kind of hinting towards Misa being in the game if you were paying attention.

How did I kill Ike if my power is name based? I don't have the Shinigami Eyes, but Misa Misa does. =D

Aug 27, 09 at 2:38am
Kanon

*Kira becoming 'God'*
*Haruhi is present*

Lol, to bad Raito~

Aug 27, 09 at 2:35am
GlancingReverse

Shit, over already? Guess I won't have as much time to make a role list as I wanted then. Oh well, I've got about 7 roles planned out, so the rest will just be the things I haven't included yet. Oh, and you mentioned a list earlier, mind giving me that?

Aug 27, 09 at 2:31am
Pheonyx

XD Nice.

After a spaz out by one man, a girl and a small creature fell to the ground clutching their chests. And they died of a heart attack.

ViperSean is dead, he was Taokaka: Kaka Clan Aligned Forgetful Cat

WereJackal is dead, he was Mudkip: Mudkipz Aligned Kip of Mud

And by majority of numbers, (and we're at the 30 page limit and I don't feel like making another thread for a short time,) I hereby announce the winners to be the Kira Alligned team! Congrats to the winners:
HiKaRi, who was Light Yagami: Kira Aligned God of the New World
and ReaperOscuro, who was Misa Amane: Kira Aligned Gothic Lolita

And a small round of applause for the last player (though technically he should've been modkilled...)
Rabla: Haruhi Suzumiya: SOS Brigade Aligned Universal Deity

Writeup analysis coming later. Also, I pass the GM baton over to Glancing now.

Aug 27, 09 at 2:17am
ViperSean

FAIL.

And, as punishment:

Vote: HiKaRi

Aug 27, 09 at 2:07am
HiKaRi

Sakujo.
Sakujo.
Sakujo.
Sakujo.

我赢了!