Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Travel » Travel Requests, Feedback, Suggesions and Announcements » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 06, 09 at 3:48pmThe Slayer

Post any requests, feedback and suggestions you have for this forum. Since this forum is still very new, I'll be trying out a few different things and it will be great to get everyone's opinion on it and hear different suggestions.

How does everyone feel about having a vacation thread for each country/continent in the Localized forums? There are already threads for the USA and Canada but we can also get one going for Asia, one for UK and Ireland, Oceania, ect. For these threads, I think it would be best if someone from that area (or at least someone with a good knowledge of it) create the thread and include some information on it, such as top tourist attractions, places to go, traditional foods and maybe some facts on it as well.

A Travel hints and tips sounds like a good idea for me, since Euphoric came up with the idea I'll let him make it.

I'm going to start a header competition in about a week once more people see this forum is created, so if anyone wants to participate they can start getting some ideas together. Please don't submit any until the contest though.

Since a few people don't seem to like the name Vacations and there are different terms for it depending on the location, what would a good generic name be? We can try something like 'Vacations and Holidays' or just 'Travel'

If you want to start a localized travel discussion, I just ask that it be kept in a similar category like the Localized category is.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 08, 11 at 5:10am
kingy

You do that.

We need to get Divinorse over here to help you out. He's a mastermind at reviving dead forums.

Jan 17, 11 at 8:45pm
Validation

This forum needs to be used more, I'll be giving more time towards in the coming days.

Aug 29, 10 at 9:36am
Blue Moon

quote The Slayer
Someone can start a photo album thread for pictures taken while on vacation/holiday if they want.
Did anyone ever start that?

I've taken some peaches recently.. won't be able to upload them till I'm home mind, but if there isn't one by then I'll certainly start it

Jan 05, 10 at 5:58pm
Aurora

We want our header.

=(

Sep 22, 09 at 6:49pm
Validation

Decided against it in the end as in the long run it wouldn't have helped many people and it would've just drained on me. I spent ages trying to find this forum as it wasn't on the Loungin sub-forums were it used to be, only just remember that it's in here.

Aug 18, 09 at 6:48pm
The Slayer

For pictures, I think any type of scenery, landscapes, pretty views, etc will be fine. I don't really want pictures of someone posing with something interesting in the background. Yeah, I will 'approve' of the images being submitted.

quote Validation
I was talking about keeping it in one thread actually so you wouldn't need to worry about that and just have it as a sort of quick info bank.
Ahh. Well if you're willing to make a list of it all, you can.

Aug 18, 09 at 5:34pm
Validation

quote The Slayer
Someone can start a photo album thread for pictures taken while on vacation/holiday if they want.

Validation, as far as a profile/thread for every country, I cant really see that going over well... There are about 195 countries in the world, so that will be 195 different profiles. I can see a majority of them getting just a few small replies then dieing off. I'm open to hearing some discussion about it though.

Also, I'm going to talk to Ren soon about setting up a rotating image header where everyone can submit some pictures they have taken. Right now I'm thinking about setting up a limit of around 5-10 images per person just to give everyone an equal chance of having their image pop up and not have a few people overwhelm it with their own pictures.
I was talking about keeping it in one thread actually so you wouldn't need to worry about that and just have it as a sort of quick info bank.

Aug 18, 09 at 5:20pm
Aurora

The images will be moderated, right? I wouldn't want photos which are half covered by a thumb in the header.

Aug 18, 09 at 5:13pm
Irish Gamer

Just a thought, what kind of pictures would be wanted? Like only landmarks and monuments or landscape and scenery pictures?

Aug 18, 09 at 5:10pm
The Slayer

Validation, as far as a profile/thread for every country, I cant really see that going over well... There are about 195 countries in the world, so that will be 195 different profiles. I can see a majority of them getting just a few small replies then dieing off. I'm open to hearing some discussion about it though.

Also, I'm going to talk to Ren soon about setting up a rotating image header where everyone can submit some pictures they have taken. Right now I'm thinking about setting up a limit of around 5-10 images per person just to give everyone an equal chance of having their image pop up and not have a few people overwhelm it with their own pictures.