Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Graphics and Animation » Sample Graphics » There Is A Light That Never Goes Out » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Aug 04, 09 at 1:58amRiotType

SampleGRAPHICS

Welcome to Neoseeker's Sample Graphics, where you are free to post any digital artwork for criticism. Please take the time to read the following rules. Rules revised and shortened.

Rules of Sample Graphics
  • Sexual Content; Content showing nudity or mature acts of sexual behavior are not permitted.

• Theft; Neoseeker will not tolerate anyone stealing other artist's work and claiming it as their own. Violaters of this will be permanently banned on sight.

• Giving Criticism; Be CONSTRUCTIVE with your criticism. If you don't like something, say why. Give suggestions on how to fix it, and ways they can improve their work in the future. If you posting some of your work its only polite to critique on people before you. Try and actually help them rather then just explaining what they did so you can get criticism on yours.

• Recieving Criticism; Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people are going to like your work, and some aren't. Know this. Please use appropriate behavior if someone gives you bad feedback on your work. Contrary to what you may think, they are only trying to help. Also, please take what they say into consideration when continuing on with your graphics. Theres no point in posting here if you won't even try to adjust to what people say.

• Large Images; Images that are over the demensions of 500x500 and/or above the filesize of 150 kB, you MUST supply them with a link. There will be no penalty or ban given if you fail to do so but it just helps if you link such images as they tend to stretch the page making the thread look generally ugly.

• Flash Animation; Link all Flash creations.

• Fan Art/Hand Drawings; This is Graphics and Animation. Do not post work that you have not digitally edited yourself. This includes fan art and hand drawings. You may only post them if you have done something digital to them.

------------------------

Previous Thread: Sample Graphics
  • Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 17, 16 at 6:25am
    Kaharius

Well, the background, consisting of the rocky terrain and the skies, was mainly just some brushing I did, and then overlayed some textures on that. A neat trick I learned from a tutorial I saw online, which, fortunately for me, was around a very similar theme, and that's actually where I got the stock from. I followed the tutorial, but tried to add my own spice to it. And I used the same technique on the two big smoke screens on ground in the right. then, I got lazy and just dupliccated them trhoughout the rest of the piece.

Here are most of, if not all, of the stocks I've used. The skies and the rock texture are included there too.

Jun 17, 16 at 4:49am
    Remedy

Not yet bud but yeah, send me the original images. I want to see the comparisons.

Jun 16, 16 at 10:39pm
    Kaharius

quote Remedy
    quote Kaharius

Well, this was initially going to be a piece featuring Ares, the greek god of war. But I couldn't really make him the star of the piece, so I just went with a natural war theme. See if you can find him, though. It's pretty simple.

I need to see this lp on a monitor but from mobile, it looks fantastic. Blending with colors looks pretty decent. You have the original images still?

Oh and sorry for being late on this.

Hey! Getting back into graphics now?

Yeah, I think I might have the original images. You wanna look at them?

Jun 16, 16 at 3:14pm
    Remedy

quote Kaharius

Well, this was initially going to be a piece featuring Ares, the greek god of war. But I couldn't really make him the star of the piece, so I just went with a natural war theme. See if you can find him, though. It's pretty simple.

I need to see this lp on a monitor but from mobile, it looks fantastic. Blending with colors looks pretty decent. You have the original images still?

Oh and sorry for being late on this.

May 30, 16 at 12:28pm
    Tommy Vercetti

quote Kaharius
    quote Tommy Vercetti
    I don't like posting prototypes.

So, are all of your works prototypes?

Yep. I have a 10GB folder of unfinished PSDs.

May 30, 16 at 3:10am
    Kaharius

quote Tommy Vercetti

So, are all of your works prototypes?

May 29, 16 at 6:19pm
    Tommy Vercetti

May 29, 16 at 6:06pm
    Kaharius

Thanks Tommy Vercetti. Where's yours?

I'd actually limited myself to a 600x800 canvas because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to work with a larger canvas, for fear not getting the right amount of stock images for my main focal points, you know? But, yeah, you're right. There is quite a bit of scope to the story as it is. I

So, if I made that piece a part of a bigger canvas, I might use another stock image for Ares, and I'd like to hear some ideas from your side. So how do you guys see him being depicted in that bigger canvas?

May 29, 16 at 2:12pm
    Tommy Vercetti

That looks awesome so far Kaharius, good work!

May 29, 16 at 12:09pm
    Iscariot

looking forward to seeing the results, Kaharius! also, I don't know if you have a larger canvas you're working with or it's just a limitation of neo's image uploader. I'm curious to see it on a bigger scale, because the scope of it is rather epic.