Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Tomb Raider Underworld » Can I play Tomb Raider Underworld? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 01, 09 at 10:09pm
JoveHack

quote LadyS
OK, there's a second memory of 2048MB on the pc. And on the official site of minimum requirements it says you need a graphic card of 6800GT. So doesn't that mean 9500GT is more than enough?
That extra 2GB of system RAM should easily give you enough memory to meet the game's requirements.

The graphics card numbering system is deceptive. The first number is the generation. Higher is newer, but not necessarily better.

The second number is the relative power. It's the real indicator.

- The "8" of "6800GT" is pretty high-end, probably highest.
- The "5" of your "9500GT" is the econo-box model, or close to it.

(This was recently explained on GameFAQs Fallout 3 board, or I wouldn't understand it either. XD)

I'm also looking closely at your CPU for the first time. (This is in case you were thinking of upgrading your graphics card.) Your CPU is 64-bit, instead of the Pentium's 32-bit. This turns out to be great news.

TRU on Steam's minimum requirement for your CPU line is "Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz."

So you've more than enough base horsepower.

Before you dash off and get a new graphics card, be sure to check its on-board memory. (Also note that you can't upgrade the graphics card on a laptop. Just in case. XD)

Graphics cards, like systems, can have different amounts of memory. Unlike systems it can't be changed after manufacture. What you buy is what you're stuck with.

512MB of on-board graphics card memory is rock bottom minimum and is not recommended. At least 1GB is necessary to give the graphics card room to breathe. (Could Tomb Raider: Underworld benefit from more yet? Probably. Would the improvement be worth it? I just don't know.)

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Aug 01, 09 at 9:03pm
LadyS

OK, there's a second memory of 2048MB on the pc. And on the official site of minimum requirements it says you need a graphic card of 6800GT. So doesn't that mean 9500GT is more than enough?

Jul 25, 09 at 8:01pm
JoveHack

quote LadyS
My PC:
1. Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit
2. Memory: DD2 1024 MB
3. Intel Core 2 Duo 3.00 GHZ
4. GF 9500GT 512 MB

Can I play Tomb Raider Underworld?

Stellalune at Tomb Raiders Net gives a link to the Minimum and Recommended Specs.

You don't have enough memory or a good enough video card. Sorry.

If you want a second opinion, Stellalune also gives an alternative, "Or visit System Requirements Lab to have your PC scanned and compared with the requirements for the game. Otherwise, opt for the equally gorgeous PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 game."

Jul 25, 09 at 12:10pm
LadyS

My PC:
1. Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit
2. Memory: DD2 1024 MB
3. Intel Core 2 Duo 3.00 GHZ
4. GF 9500GT 512 MB

Can I play Tomb Raider Underworld?